1/32 Do 335 from Dragon

alaninaustria

That might not be a bad idea for a Group Build project - doing an aircraft that no longer exists in 1:1 scale.

Well, if we could pick one someone here is an expert on, then at least we'd have guidance.

Another GB idea would be to take a seriously-troubled kit like the RoG Bf110 G-4 and work out the problems together. Jerry Rutman could walk us through his fixes.

I would absolutely LOVE to see this kit come to fruition.

I think the Do335 is just one of those crazy, cool outlandish Luftwaffe designs that actually made it to see some sort of service........albeit not combat, but at least they were out there as a part of WWII and not some leftover design on a drawing board.

Id buy a 32nd Do335 in a HEARTBEAT! REALLY hope we actually see this one. :D

Brian

Another GB idea would be to take a seriously-troubled kit like the RoG Bf110 G-4 and work out the problems together. Jerry Rutman could walk us through his fixes.

Actually, Russ did exactly this, before he passed away, without any aftermarket.

I'll see if I can dig out the thread...

Russ's Bf 110G-2

So has anyone actually found out a release date yet on the Dragon kit or is it just a "rumour".

So far it's just an announcement, which is stronger than a rumour, but we basically have no other details, and it could have been cancelled or not proceeded with for all we know.

I certainly hope not!

Kev

So far it's just an announcement, which is stronger than a rumour, but we basically have no other details, and it could have been cancelled or not proceeded with for all we know.

I'm betting (hoping) we will hear something in a few weeks at the Shizuoka Hobby Show (May 12-15).

Gary :ph34r:

It's a fair point that wingspan wise it's not quite a B-25 but height wise it's uniformly tall since it's not a tail-sitter. It is an impressive beast!

Family258.jpg

Matt

Yep, yep this is the DC example that is sitting right next to the NASM Ar234 Im doing!

Ill tell you what, looking at the two, and having Radus resin Ar234, I can REALLY gauge exactly how big that thing really is. The Ar 234 is a decent sized model in 32nd, but the Do335 is rediculously big, especially for a fighter, and will make a hek uva 32nd scale model! (we HOPE)

Brian

I don't know about you guys buy I'm eyeing up that nice little fuselage in the background.

Another little project for Revell perhaps?

Little?!?

3020443749_94a4d40bfd_b.jpg

That 219 in 32nd would be a monster too!

Brian

I don't know about you guys buy I'm eyeing up that nice little fuselage in the background.

Another little project for Revell perhaps?

That might make sense. I think the Tamiya 219 sold really well, though I never bought one. I had just finished the DML kit of the 219 when Tamiya released theirs.

I'd like to see RoG do up the -335. There are 1 and 2 seat versions, that might help spread the tooling costs around. Cockpits, and landing gear bays, done in the newer, Ju-88, He-111, style would be great, and still give the A/M guys some wiggle room to do some bits.

Yeap, and these kits would be that Revellish cheap every LSPer could afford to buy one more (not nessescary to build them, of course, just for the stash ;))

Support this!

LSP_Mike for Revell President!

- dutik