Trumpeter MiG-29A Coming Soon!

LSP_Kevin

The instructions are already up at Hobby Search. One item that it thought was interesting is that they include a duct between the upper and lower fuselage halves that spans the gap between the upper fuselage aux air intakes and the intake duct, so if you wanted to show the aux air intakes open and intake FOD doors closed, there is a path for the air to get from the top of the fuselage to the engine faces.

The weapons are sprues common to a number of their other Russian kits, including the other Mig-29s, which is a little annoying since although you get four R-73s, you only get two of the proper launch rails, making the common load out of 2x R-27 and 4x R-73 impossible without the extra rails.

Mine should be here next week. Probably build the first one mostly OOTB, except replace the wheels as I hate rubber tires! Haven't decided which makrings to use, though. West German from the Airdoc sheet? Polish from the Techmod sheet? Something from the Begemot sheet? HuAF from the kit? Choices, choices.

Picked mine up today!  The model looks good and am happy with the overall kit.

Mig%2029%20A_zpstrie06yh.jpg

Well packaged and the shapes look very good.  Cockpit sides (external) look right.

Mig%2029%20B_zpsatzq1st5.jpg

The only issue I have so far is the IP looks a little soft.  Meaning the details might have been a little crisper... But...still not bad!

Mig%2029%20C_zpsf9qouzdj.jpg

Guest The Southern Bandit

Same place I got mine, local hobby shop!

mig29kit-1_zpshyvuqoj0.jpg

mig29kit-2_zpssgc4yfho.jpg

Now that's dedication ... Enjoy.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Because it adds character. Just put a pilot in the cockpit to validate the open position.

Although improbable there might be a closed louvre option in the kit.

I'm more curious about the engine.

Tony

Are there any Mig 29 pilot figures available?

Guest Smitty44

I'm in for one to go with my Mig 29 pilot figure I won from Brian in the Christmas raffle. Really just glad to see Trumpy release another LS jet. Hoping this does well and they do some more.

Edited by Smitty44

Hoping this does well and they do some more.

Not sure about this particular kit, but what I've heard from distributors out there, most if not all of the recent modern jet kits out of China are sold out before they hit the streets in the US.  I wouldn't be surprised that the first shipment of Mig 29s were all already sold to the distributors and on down the line.

Edited by Bravo52