• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

I'm so very sorry. Seems the bad guys are getting bolder and targeting houses having work done. In our town, they just look for unlocked doors and barge in.

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#17 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,030 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Sorry to hear that, Ron. 

If you have a safe space for the cars, maybe get a flatbed wrecker to move them to a safer space right now so they're at least out of sight.

If you're anything like me, those cars are your babies.

You certainly feel violated having criminals break into your home like that.

Here in Texas. we have other, more permanent remedies against thieves and home invaders, but thugs have gotten somewhat smarter and gone high tech. They just watch Facebook and wait till people say they're on a trip before they strike.

I hope you have better luck with the cops than we have down here. They show little interest in investigating these things until it's them or one of their family that gets hit.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#18 Troy Molitor

Troy Molitor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Sorry to hear about this sads news, Ron. Seems rather suspicious about the cleaning lady and the whole timing issue. Just terrible news. On the plus side there has been some great advise presented by several LSP'ers. I hope this has a decent ending or some peace of mind eventually. Keep us posted.

Troy

#19 Wolf Buddee

Wolf Buddee

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Wow, sorry to hear you were broken in to Ron. That's never a fun thing. It's happened twice to us while living in Vancouver and twice here in Abbotsford. The last time they stole my truck right out o' the garage while we slept. I spent the next two weeks waking at the slightest noise in the house. It'll take a while before you let your guard down again, believe me, I know.

You might want to consider getting a Rottweiler. They love intruders uncooked!

Cheers,
Wolf
  • Clunkmeister and The Southern Bandit like this

#20 LSP_Mike

LSP_Mike

LSP Staff

• LSP Moderator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sorry to hear this bit Ron.

in progress:

1/32 Hase Me-109G2/R6
1/35 Su-85/ winter- attach to base
1/32 DH-9a USMC- Delivered to Flying Leathernecks Museum, MCAS Miramar
1/32 Mig-3:winter paint and weathering: in progress and base
Yacht America need some parts.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place...
Yes, I built models when I was a kid too.... no they're not toys....

#21 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ron. We got hit back in 2001, no fun at all.

Tim

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), 1/32 Trumpy Me-109E-4, and some others.....

On deck: Can't choose between 190D-13 "Yellow 10", Hase P-47D, or Tamiya Corsair....

Completed in 2015: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#22 JohnB

JohnB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

I know how you feel! My home was burglarized some years back. I hope they catch the SOB! :fight:

Beans beans the musical fruit. The more you eat the more you poot. The more you poot the better you feel so it's beans beans for EVERY meal!

#23 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

If the cleaning lady was somehow involved, seems that would be a red flag if detectives started looking into break-ins in your area.

#24 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

If the cleaning lady was somehow involved, seems that would be a red flag if detectives started looking into break-ins in your area.

I would be shocked if she's involved. First, she's the first place the cops will look. Unless she's a tweaker or addict, why risk everything for some tip money from burglars?

Based on what's happening here in NJ, I suspect the perps are just randomly looking for places that are unlocked, unoccupied, etc.

And yet my neighbors continue to let papers and mail pile up in front of their house when they are away, and leave the front porch light on day & night as if to say "we're out now, please burglarize us."

Edited by Bill Cross, 21 September 2017 - 05:38 PM.

• BiggTim likes this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#25 alaninaustria

alaninaustria

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Really sorry to hear this Ron, not good! At least you both are safe and well.
Try to relax and look after your two cars!
Cheers
Alan

#26 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear this, hope insurance covers everything and the perpetrator/s are caught, had an outdoor shed broken into a few years ago, nothing worth stealing in there thankfully so hopefully they wont come back, have since fitted outdoor motion sensing security cams front and back that records and is shared on my home network, not to expensive and night vision is good too, 4 camera's does me but you can buy home systems that have more if needed.

#27 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 24,881 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

That really sucks, Ron, and I certainly have felt the violation myself. A few years back, my then girlfriends house was robbed on Christmas eve. I went over there every day for two weeks after, armed with my .357 magnum, just hoping to find them in the house again, but of course they were never there. Perhaps  the worst of it, was that they kicked her puppy down the basement stairs, injuring his throat so bad, that he could never bark again properly, and always had problems breathing after that. They are so fortunate that I never caught them in that house.

• BiggTim likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#28 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Perhaps  the worst of it, was that they kicked her puppy down the basement stairs, injuring his throat so bad, that he could never bark again properly, and always had problems breathing after that. They are so fortunate that I never caught them in that house.

Thats truly horrible. I don't know much that would stop me, even bare handed if I witnessed someone doing that to one of my animals. 

• Troy Molitor, LSP_Typhoonattack and BiggTim like this

#29 Big Texan

Big Texan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

Sorry Ron!!!! That's awful!!! I think I'd gather my friends that were well armed and take shifts out in the garage tonight. So sorry to hear this. I can't stands thieves!

• BiggTim likes this
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction"

#30 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,030 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

That really sucks, Ron, and I certainly have felt the violation myself. A few years back, my then girlfriends house was robbed on Christmas eve. I went over there every day for two weeks after, armed with my .357 magnum, just hoping to find them in the house again, but of course they were never there. Perhaps  the worst of it, was that they kicked her puppy down the basement stairs, injuring his throat so bad, that he could never bark again properly, and always had problems breathing after that. They are so fortunate that I never caught them in that house.

A .357?  LOLOL  Just the tool for shooting the terrorist through the refrigerator, through your wall, his wall, and through his refrigerator as well.

Edited by Clunkmeister, 21 September 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• LSP_Typhoonattack and BiggTim like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users