59 replies to this topic

#46 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Wow missed this one entirely. This is really coming together nicely, great idea and awesome execution!

What up Chris,

Thank You! I greatly appreciate them comments. She ain't no jug, but I hope she'll be quite the looker in the end.

Peace,

Alfonso

#47 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Keep at it! I like your approach to the center section.
so happy to see progress on this build! Your improvisation and problem solving are great!
AWESOME!
Are you going to reverse pitch one prop?

Thank you Shawn, I am glad your liking it!!!! I'm not sure, yet, if I'm going that far with the mods to include the different rotation on the props. It doesn't really bother me visually, and actually wouldn't be wrong to leave them to spin in the same direction. Not just because it's a total make believe contraption, but I read that one of the P-82 varients didn't have counter rotating props, so who knows, maybe, maybe not!!

Peace,

Alfonso

#48 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

In the words of MEAT LOAF..."took the words right out of my mouth" Just plain beautiful. Remember, if I can help with any more parts, let me know ;) .............Harv :goodjob:

Far to kind Harvey, Thanks!! I will be hitting you up soon to see what's available... I greatly appeciate it.

Peace,

Alfonso

#49 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

Great progress! I really like the "assembly line" approach. It gives a very clear picture of your direction. Very precise!

Go Alfonso, go!!!

Great job Bubba! I think the dihedral looks spot on. Noticed that beading set, Dr. Mufenheart at work???

I can't help the assembly line set up, it allows me to think out loud having it all in front of me like that. It turns into musical chairs sometimes as I change the sequence a bit to do what's really important first. Sometimes the "clear direction" you speak of has been to stare out the clear fuselage halves and daze off, then it hits me!!! No not an idea, but the lazy susan I work on as my face meets its... fatherhood, husband, canvas painting, vegetarian cooking, modeling, Bro, I need a nap!!

The dihedral is good, Thanks to I Ijesty, and will definately work. It's workin' now just once I get my last cut in the outer panels and center section will finally touch each other proper at the root and not this far away first date gap restriction.

Dr. Mufenhart at work??? Is he ever!! That Mufenhart, I love that guy like my own Brother!!! Sanding pads, beading tool, wooden boxes... etc. I THANK OUR FATHER all the time for the lad!! I have yet to use them though as I gotta get my surfaces done first.

Peace,

Alfonso

#50 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Serious modelling Alfonso!
The match between the PBY wing and the P51 wingroot is just amazing.

Great stuff!

That's really great stuff Alfonso, can't believe how you are using bits and pieces from other kits so well.
Real innovation there and its really starting to come together.
Onward and upward Buddy!

Phil :bow: :clap2: :clap2:

Serious modeling??? Are you sure about that Phil? I'm the resident ghetto village rambling idiot. I only came up with half this stuff 'cuz I don't want to scratch it no more, it's already bleeding enough and it hurts too!!! I don't think Mr Sufacer should have been applied either, it's kinda crazing the surface. Maybe a dip in future might help!! You call me serious again and I'm bookin' a flight, I ain't scared of you, you.....nevermind!!!

Believe me when I tell you that whoever molded the PBY airfoil shape into this kit was a genious of a higher degree more than any other before. I had nothing to do with it, I just used it to my benifit like the old-schooler that I is. It's also not my fault that all these other aircraft bits happen to fit this thing so nicely either. I mean what else could you do with a crappy Brit model company's, crappy Brit designed plane to begin with model, in a crappy scale anyway??? I'm refering to that POS Lancaster, and how it's finally being used properlly, for a scale "what if" mochery! You know what I mean about them Brits and their feeble attempts, right? They act like they poo don't stink and all, even think they contributed to something aerodynamically sound.....Oh, uhm, sheeeee-at!! Where you from again, uh, ooops, SORRY, hehehe.

Thanks Phil, I really do appreciate your comments and I do take them seriously, but when I got this rubber nose on, I tend to get a bit silly.
Over, under and all over the place my friend(s), may you, and all continue to enjoy..

Peace,

Alfonso

BTW- I LOVE the Brits, Airfix, and yes the Lancaster too, onleee trying to have me some fun while I'm learnin', sharin', buildin' and chattin' with me friends while not havin' to worry about the everyday robitics mankind has become so accustomed to. Laugh it up to infinity, no time to waste on silly proper vanities. Love Styrene Plastic, Lets Stop Preachin, Lets Start Practicing, Large Scale Planes, nuff said..for the thirsty bunch!!!

Edited by Kaeone57, 11 January 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#51 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

BTW- Almost forgot to put up a breakdown of all the bits being used so far....

Airframe-

2- Trumpy P-51B fuselages, and engine cowls
1- Trumpy wing
2- Revell 1/72 PBY wing center sections
1- Monogram 1/48 P-61 horizontal stabilizer
2- Dragon sets of prop blades, 1 spinner, ailerons/trim tabs, 1 rudder
2- Hasegawa flaps
2- ? manufacturer unknown flaps for use in center section
1- Airfix 1/72 Avro Lancaster bomb bay doors

I'll keep adding to this list and posting it as I go.

Enjoyment/learning/problem solving factor= absolutely PRICELESS!!!!

#52 LSP_Matt

LSP_Matt

• Administrator
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Wow man. A truly Russlike project thats really taking shape. Good on you Alfonso.

Cheers Matty

#53 KAGNEW

KAGNEW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

can't wait to see this one finished

glen :piliot:

#54 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Thanks Matty, and Glen, for the kind words, the interest, and most of all the support!! I greatly appreciate it Gentlemen.

No pics today of the lunacy, maybe for the better of LSP as no pics means no useless rambling...LOL!! Maybe by this weekend or early next week I'll post up the revisions to the fuselage/wing nacelle transition bit as they have been split down their centers now and are in the process of being made wider to the look/need I am after!!

Peace,

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57, 14 January 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#55 Shawn M

Shawn M

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

you're right, the Merlin powered P/F-82s spun the same way iirc.

I dont suffer from AMS, I revell in it..get it...Revell

#56 Loic

Loic

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Can't wait to see what's next buddy!
Loic

Cheers!________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the work :   Dornier Do 335   /   A-1H/J Skyraider   /   Mirage F1 (Scratchbuild)  /  Mirage IIIC

Completed builds :   Hawker Tempest (kitbash)   /   Nakajima B5N Kate (Scratchbuild)   /   Spitfire Mk I

Master pattern work:   DB-603 Engine    /   F4U-1 Corsair engine bay 

#57 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

Continuing with the " Things Change " mode of this build, since my last post I moved back to Miami, Fla in mid February. I was living in Atlanta, Ga. for about 2 1/2 yrs and am glad to be back HOME!!! I'll be back on this build again soon enough as I am almost done unpacking and pretty much got the new shop almost set up again!

Peace,

Alfonso

#58 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,156 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

HEY,ALFONSO, Dude, whats going on??? I moved since our last talk. I'll PM you new addy. Good to see you back here, my friend....Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#59 KAGNEW

KAGNEW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

hey Alfonso

glad your back in the saddle. as soon as we get back from our trip, i'll call you. in about 10 days.

later Glen :piliot:

#60 Kaeone57

Kaeone57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:28 AM

Greetings LSP!

Be back on this soon as I get set up again. Divorce sucks, cheaters and liars are worst than some old kits 'cause the kits, atleast you can fix! LOL

Be Peace Gentlemen/Ladies,

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57, 18 February 2017 - 03:19 PM.

• Out2gtcha likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users