1/32 Trumpeter A-10A Thunderbold II

SteveK_NZ

Hi all,

Please see below my final reveal photos of my 1/32 Trumpeter A-10A. It was a long road to get here, but we made it in the end, enjoy.

The A-10 was too large to fit in the normal backing card that I use, so decided it was a nice day outside to shoot some photos.

• Kit manufacture: Trumpeter
  • Scale: 1/32
  • Type: A-10A
  • Extras used: Master Barrel and Pitot tube, GT Resin engines, Eduard photo-etch Zoom Instrument Panel, TwoBobs decals (Many thanks to Joe Cooke for these), the Shark mouth and eyes were kit decals (Had to have this on my build), various other lead wires and bits of off-cut sprue for scratch building various items such as landing gear hoses, and the part that was missing from my metal boarding ladder and Evergreen Styrene sheet for the base of the yellow slime lights.
  • Paints used: MRP and Tamiya, Flory washes for weathering.
  • Other info: Full build is here : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=68720

QiT6SXz.jpg

This photos should give you a good idea of the impact the GT Resin engine parts have added to the overall appearance of the kit, those big, high engines can now be a focal point, well worth it.

6oQ9LXG.jpg

S8YraGH.jpg

9V18vHc.jpg

Those fantastic GT Resin engine intakes again making the kit pop.

P7YqFTG.jpg

YHmqboc.jpg

oYBCzHo.jpg

Here's a nice closeup of the Master gun tip barrel, another part I feel this kit is lacking in and happy I invested in this and put it on. You can see the individual turned brass barrels that have been hollowed out.

DTtdM41.jpg

The kit cockpit was OK, could have been much better.

zTMRlhl.jpg

But thank goodness I managed to get the Eduard Zoom set for the IP.

1LMbIgP.jpg

4A6ZIKf.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Cheers,

Great work Steve ... it's such a bad ass plane, I love it. I built the HB 1/48 version a few years back (although not as well as you did) and really enjoyed it. I wasn't even disturbed about the heavy riveting, because it just looks appropriate on this machine!

You're right about those resin engine faces, they look awesome, and the gun is top notch too. Great job on your LSP debut!

Cheers

Jim

Ripper Steve. 

During the initial test flying of the A-10 a major fault was detected and its rectification ensured that the aircraft has enjoyed its longevity: 

It flies so slowly that they had to take the clock out and replace it with a calendar.