Hasegawa Emil

Heeeyyy Kevin!, Waiting with bated breath hear the latest saga of the "Emil Build"! I'm almost expecting to hear you say you've "drop kicked this model thru the goal posts of life" this time? :wub:

I've actually given this thread a lot of thought,(uh, oh)....and realized you've inspired me yet again in your own twisted way. Went out looking for the absolute worst fitting inexpensive Luftwaffe kit I could possibly find to enter into this group-build as a last minute entry. BINGO! Ironically it's a close cousin to your Emil....a Revell Me-110E(just re-released?). I took out 8 pcs. to test fit.....and my eyes rolled back in my head the fit was so off. PERFECT! Clear parts are 1/4inch thick(looking better 'n better) and hey... I think those are pilots/observer figures? Maybe? :lol: Hey, ya put enough putty on it, eventually it will sand to shape,eh?(if the landing gear doesn't collapse from the weight :P ) I've sketched up some markings of a skeleton hand clutching something for the nose decals I'm gonna whup up for it.(basically ficticious markings) Ohhh, everybody will be aghast at my years of practice at ineptitude and lack of talent. Sounds like a blast! :lol:

Thanks Kevin, I owe it all to you. So....BTW, how's the Emil coming along? I gotta know! Russ

Good on you for tackling that kit Russ! I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that I've got it in the stash too... ;) You've gotta polish off the Spit first though! Happy to be an inspiration to you (or anyone else!) anytime buddy. I may not have the kind of skills that make people's dentures evacuate their oral cavities, but if someone somewhere is getting something out it, then I can't complain.

As for the Emil, it's very nearly done, and I've got it to the point where it doesn't look anything like a Stuka, so I'm happy with that. I need to fix up a couple of paint muck-ups, give it a flat coat and fix all the remaining dangly bits in place. I fixed the landing gear using an extra large tube of "Mr Stay Put You Pair of Mofos".

Kev

I've got it to the point where it doesn't look anything like a Stuka, so I'm happy with that.

:lol:

You are certainly struggling your way through this one, Kev. It's like watching a dog with a bone.

I also have a Revell 110 which I seriously want to make into a G-2. I'm just waiting for one of our fantastic European builders to have a go at the new Dragon offering once it has been released... just in case it turns out to be better. (Is that cheating?)

Your Hasegawa E will look just fine amongst your collection and if you decide one day, that it's not cutting the mustard, you can always build another one. :lol:

You will love the Matchbox kit when you find one. Even with the Coke bottle canopy, panel trenches, loose front end and wobbly undercarriage, it's still one of my favorites. In fact, I have had several and even swapped a Hasegawa E to get another one!

P.s. Wots wrong with Stukas?

Thanks Keith. I've certainly been on the look-out for the Matchbox kit, but they're pretty hard to find over here, and usually go for too much when you do find them. Ian A had one lined up for me, but he's been AWOL for ages now, so the deal was never done. Are you out there Ian? Anyway, IPMS Expo is on this weekend, swap meet and all, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for one there too.

P.s. Wots wrong with Stukas?

Nothing wrong with Stukas mate, unless your Messerschmitt kit ends up looking like one. :lol:

Kev

Well guys, it's as done as it's going to get. It was fighting me right to the very end, but I'll spare you the gory details and simply show you the photos. I took them in a rush, so I'll need to take better ones at some stage.

post-3071-1214742785.jpg

post-3071-1214742999.jpg

post-3071-1214743011.jpg

post-3071-1214743025.jpg

post-3071-1214743043.jpg

post-3071-1214743075.jpg

The damn thing's got more flaws than the Rialto Tower, and I'm rather glad to see the back of it to be honest. I think it looks OK though, and it certainly served its initial purpose, which was to introduce me to the (sometimes brutal) world of resin and photo-etch.

Thanks to all of you who have supported my attempts to get this build over the line, and all the help, feedback and encouragement you've given. It really does help!

Kev

Kev,

YOU'S A TROOPER, A PURPLE HEART FOR THE BLOOD SPILT, AND THE MEDAL OF HONOR

FOR A CONTINUED STRUGGLE AND CONSTANT BATTLE UNDER F---ED UP CONDITIONS...

AMS= Another Model Shelved :ph34r: .... much better than- Another Model Slammed :angry:

BTW:She looks NIIIIIIIIICE...

PEACE,

Alfonso

Great job Mate!!

Wrestled another one into submission! I think it looks great. Let me know if you want these or other shots to go into the gallery, eh?

Congrats on another great build!

Thanks once again guys! Yes, I'm pretty hard on myself, maybe too much so, but when you know where all the flaws are...

Wrestled another one into submission! I think it looks great. Let me know if you want these or other shots to go into the gallery, eh?

I'll try to get some better shots and post them here Dave. If not, I'll PM you to go ahead with the existing ones.

Kev