WNW Albatros...

williamj

Well seeing that we haven't built a Biplane for a very long time,why not.

The WNW kit is one of the nicest kits I've mauled ,so we picked up a lot of aftermarket to do it justice..the Master Spandau's in brass are beautiful (just got them). So off we go.

DSCF4756_zps4f6f3ae0.jpg

DSCF4752_zps40ee1fb6.jpg

DSCF4784_zpsf3e491e7.jpg

Edited by williamj

Way to go Bill, yer in with an Albatros! Nice collection of aftermarket stuff too. Just a friendly warning though, when you start getting in to the Taurus Models bits, you're going to need a very nice big magnifying lamp. You'll see what I mean.........

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Bill.

Cheers,

Wolf

Way to go Bill, yer in with an Albatros! Nice collection of aftermarket stuff too. Just a friendly warning though, when you start getting in to the Taurus Models bits, you're going to need a very nice big magnifying lamp. You'll see what I mean.........

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Bill.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf..ya, already looked at the engine bits,or should say tried to..wow..can I borrow one of yer Elves?

Edited by williamj

Ohhhhhh nice!

Love the figgie and the AM...........

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hey Brian..ya the figure caught my eye and just "had to" kinda thing.Got AMS bad. :frantic:

Edited by williamj

Oooo nice extras ................... what are the pre-cut wood grain decals ........... maker ............ where purchased?

Will

Hey Will..the pre-cut wood grain decals are from HGW,had a heck of a time navigating their website(non anglais)..but believe either Sprue Bros.or Roll models carries their products now.

Just type HGW in their search.

Edited by williamj

Finally got a good start on this P.O.S kit (perfectly organized and straightforward)...Everything fits beautifully and is delicately scaled to a fine degree..So.......

Hell...aint nothin for me to do except paint it and put it together.Tried LSP Mike's (sorry) Humbrol sand with a wash of oils over it,for interior(which you can't see much of when it's closed up anyhow.

DSCF4802_zps990de441.jpg

DSCF4803_zps391ca565.jpg

DSCF4804_zps1064af3f.jpg

DSCF4805_zpse5c89cca.jpg

Edited by williamj

Very nicely done Bill. The wood grain effect looks awesome. You're definitely off to a good start on this one. Matter of fact I think I'll send you my fuselage halves so you can perfect the technique. You know what they say about practice eh?

Cheers,

Wolf