new detail for old birds

Paul W

Derek, as always, you are the consumate gentleman and artist. I do so appreciate your sudden desire to get the Beau stuff back on the fire so to speak. However, Im worried that it was my willingness and enthusiasm to come to the UK for a prolonged visit that helped spur this on.. and now I feel like nobody wants me :BANGHEAD2: Damnit all I wanted was some love.. is that so wrong? :rofl:

Seriously Ol Bean, you will surely make most of the large scale Beau fans in the world happy beyond description with your fine execution and Gray Matters supurb molding capability. I for one will buy one of the first copies and be proud to install it in my MkXXI

Thanks for all you are doing Derek.

Your slightly comedic friend,

Paul

Thanks Paul (those cattle prods can be pretty painful):lol:

I need to re-asses where I am with this pattern. What I have originally intended for the conversion set is comprehensive, but would take a lot of time and money, so I shall re-think my strategy on this. One of the main external issues with the Revell Beaufighter is that the cockpit windscreen is only representative of early Mk.1f/c aircraft - all later Beaufighters had a different windscreen design. The DAP Mk.21 is one that I will cover (with Sperry autopilot nose 'bulge') - I took some photographs of the Mk.21 being restored at Duxford to flying condition (see the LSP walk around forum).

Cheers

Derek

Well my Revell / Lodella Version of the Beau showed up this morning :speak_cool:

Ahhh the old nostalgic plastic and then "state of the art" photo etch and vac parts took me back a few years upon opening the old kit, and it's all in good shape too! This will be a fun one some day.

Paul

Well my Revell / Lodella Version of the Beau showed up this morning :speak_cool:

Ahhh the old nostalgic plastic and then "state of the art" photo etch and vac parts took me back a few years upon opening the old kit, and it's all in good shape too! This will be a fun one some day.

Paul

Have one also, Paul. One day !.............Harv :evil_laugh:

Paul,

That's "shaken" not stirred... :coolio:

Paul

Sorry Paul but I am a single malt type of guy. None of thet secret agent stuff for me.ninja.gif Now I guess there is no help eitherdeadhorse.gif

So how about some ideas on scratching a pit for both the Beau and Mossie? Tacos for everybody

Edited by Paul W

IF you can find it, save yourself some scratch building; Paragon sets are the way to go. Rare as hens fangs these days though........

Brian

Neil (Paragon) did some pretty neat stuff for the Mossie once (although I don't think that he did any Beaufighter stuff though?). If yo can find any - as Brian says - it is well worth it because his AM products are very good.

As for scratch building, the Mosquito cockpit and internals are definately easier and less complex than the Beaufighter - which looks something akin to a road disaster in comparison! (there appears to be very little thought for ergonomics of any kind). For the Beaufighter, you need lots of references and as much patience to make it - take your time and enjoy it :).

Derek

• 5 weeks later...