new detail for old birds

Paul W

In short...there aren't any. Unless you can score some OOP resin stuff for the Mossie. Our own Derek is going to do some stuff for the Beau, but that is not soon. I'd say just hang on to them for now.....Harv

Edited by Guest

In short...there aren't any. Unless you can score some OOP resin stuff for the Mossie. Our own Derek is going to do some stuff for the Beau, but that is not soon. I'd say just hang on to them for now.....Harv

Quickboost makes both versions of the Beau's Exausts, and Vector make a beautiful but expensive Hercules engine that can be used on the Beau as well. The Mosquito stuf isnt that hard to find, you just have to hunt for it and be ready to spend a bit.

I'll be starting a Beau Mk XXI RAAF version soon myself and am gathering parts and references and though I WISH Derek would move along faster on his conversion hint hint prod prod prod :closedeyes: , it's not totally impossible to detail out at least the visable parts of the cockpit and navigators section from scratch. Big Matt here at LSP had started a great Beau conversion a while back and stopped to work on a 1/1 Chevy but his work is truely inspiring and a great source of ideas.

Heres a great reference picture set to help inspire. http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/azrael_raven/beaufighter_mk.xxi/index.php?Page=1

all the best,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Wasn't Derek doing a full interior? Or was it someone else?

Sincerely,

Mark

Yes Mark, Its our Own Derek B. I was looking at the last of the progress shots of his Beau interior when I decided to buy the kit I just bought from another modeler here at LSP. I'll use Derek and Matt's work and pics here at LSP as the impetus to start my own project soon. I want to get the JU 88G6 done first though. LSP Ron is setting a new standard in Mossie Modeling as we speak, and it truely is a great thing to see a few of the "classics" being brought up to todays standards though hard work and craftsmanship.

Derek's interior Build link : http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=8127&st=0

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Thanks for bringing this up again as a timely reminder!:)

The Beaufighter conversionis far from forgotten - I have it out close to my work bench to ensure that it isn't. I need to get more small items out in my range of EMD products first, then I can think about the Beaufighter again. I do want to continue with it, so I shall try to pick it up again through summer this year if I can.

Cheers

Derek

Thanks for bringing this up again as a timely reminder!:)

The Beaufighter conversionis far from forgotten - I have it out close to my work bench to ensure that it isn't. I need to get more small items out in my range of EMD products first, then I can think about the Beaufighter again. I do want to continue with it, so I shall try to pick it up again through summer this year if I can.

Cheers

Derek

Dear Derek, half of us could be dead by the end of next summer...

All kidding aside, Why not just send off what you have compleated ( as its more substancial then most of us could do to that incredible level of detail) to Gray Matter for casting, and let the individual modeler finish off the fiddly bits as they chose. Then use the money from the Beau stuf you'd make by the handful I'd hope, and finance your other projects?

Or, I could fly to England and sit at your workbench next to you with a cattle prod or huge pot of coffee to expedite the compleation of said Beaufighter interior. :rofl:

I do hope you see Im only half joking.. as I dont often drink coffee. :coolio:

Your friend,

Paul

Now where did I put that cattle prod? Oh Yeah Teresa hid it from me..

Dear Derek, half of us could be dead by the end of next summer...

All kidding aside, Why not just send off what you have compleated ( as its more substancial then most of us could do to that incredible level of detail) to Gray Matter for casting, and let the individual modeler finish off the fiddly bits as they chose. Then use the money from the Beau stuf you'd make by the handful I'd hope, and finance your other projects?

Or, I could fly to England and sit at your workbench next to you with a cattle prod or huge pot of coffee to expedite the compleation of said Beaufighter interior. :rofl:

I do hope you see Im only half joking.. as I dont often drink coffee. :coolio:

Your friend,

Paul

Now where did I put that cattle prod? Oh Yeah Teresa hid it from me..

Thanks for that Paul - you really made me laugh!laugh.gif

Making stuff for the Beaufighter is a bit like trying to create a 3D jigsaw without a picture to work from! It is complex, and in order to accommodate all of the main Beaufighter variants, I have to take a lot into account when making the parts - so the cost worries me somewhat. I have therefore decided (some time ago) to complete the detailing of the inside of the fuselage shells to a specific degree and market them as basic interiors for the modeller to complete. Later, I may cut these into cockpit and observer/gunner's sections and detail those fully as separate detail sets?

Regards

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Thanks for that Paul - you really made me laugh!:lol:

Making stuff for the Beaufighter is a bit like trying to create a 3D jigsaw without a picture to work from! It is complex, and in order to accommodate all of the main Beaufighter variants, I have to take a lot into account when making the parts - so the cost worries me somewhat. I have therefore decided (some time ago) to complete the detailing of the inside of the fuselage shells to a specific degree and market them as basic interiors for the modeller to complete. Later, I may cut these into cockpi and observer/gunner's sections and detail those fully as separate detail sets?

Regards

Derek

Derek, Im glad you got a laugh out of my ramblings, that truely was my intent.

However, I'd still pay good money for what you've already compleated just to save me the time from making my own floor and side walls. At the very least, I'll be bugging you for basic measurements for what you've done so far so I can humbly try and create something half as nice. Hopefully you wont ex communicate me in the process :rolleyes:

Your Friend,

Paul

Derek, Im glad you got a laugh out of my ramblings, that truely was my intent.

However, I'd still pay good money for what you've already compleated just to save me the time from making my own floor and side walls. At the very least, I'll be bugging you for basic measurements for what you've done so far so I can humbly try and create something half as nice. Hopefully you wont ex communicate me in the process :rolleyes:

Your Friend,

Paul

OK. I'll pick up the Beaufighter again (it may take me a little while to find all my reference material again). I need to add the pipes and plumbing along the inside of the right fuselage shell and then we'll see where we go from there?

Derek

OK. I'll pick up the Beaufighter again (it may take me a little while to find all my reference material again). I need to add the pipes and plumbing along the inside of the right fuselage shell and then we'll see where we go from there?

Derek

This would be wonderful, Derek ! Anything will be great !.....Harv :thumbsup:

Derek

Derek, as always, you are the consumate gentleman and artist. I do so appreciate your sudden desire to get the Beau stuff back on the fire so to speak. However, Im worried that it was my willingness and enthusiasm to come to the UK for a prolonged visit that helped spur this on.. and now I feel like nobody wants me :BANGHEAD2: Damnit all I wanted was some love.. is that so wrong? :rofl:

Seriously Ol Bean, you will surely make most of the large scale Beau fans in the world happy beyond description with your fine execution and Gray Matters supurb molding capability. I for one will buy one of the first copies and be proud to install it in my MkXXI

Thanks for all you are doing Derek.

Your slightly comedic friend,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels