Trumpeter 1:200 HMS Hood + Pontos Detail Set

Iain

I'll wager you have Joel - it's only bits of plastic and metal.

I get the strong impression that these builds are more about stamina/perseverance than anything else...

Go on, you know you want to!  :coolio:

Iain

Absolutely. Sticking to it is all that's really required, even if that means an on and off again approach.

I have seen some build threads...and admittedly they do look pretty tedious if you use aftermarket PE parts.  For example an AA mount might be made of 20 or so PE pieces, and there might be 30-40 such AA mounts.  That sort of thing.

Much as I love the busy detail that results, I more or less hate working with PE.  But it is kind of necessary....

Guest Peterpools

JA

Iain and Kev hit it on the head. It's just a long journey from start to finish and you need to be dedicated to just one project.

Bro

I'll wager you have Joel - it's only bits of plastic and metal.

I get the strong impression that these builds are more about stamina/perseverance than anything else...

Go on, you know you want to!  :coolio:

Iain

Iain,

I don't always get along so well with PE as I much prefer bits and pieces of styrene whenever possible.  But as far as stamina goes, old folks like me need to take daily naps. Some times more then one per day.  :frantic: 

Joel

Joel 

We are waiting!!!  Come on!!

Seriously tho, as Ian and Kev said its the necessary perseverance that is a major driver.  But Bryan also hit the target:  doing all those AA guns, etc not just 2-3 times, but the 20+ over and over again would drive me bonkers.  Detailing plastic or resin would be ok, but doing those in PE... oh boy no!

Good luck, this will be an interesting build.  Keep a clock on the actual time it takes to but this beast together if you would. I'm very interested to know how long this will actually take.

Chris

LOL - you lot crack me up - as much will power as, well, er, me... 

Probably.  :help:

And as to you rowdy lot at the back, heckling and all that, I'll be starting actually building stuff when the Pontos set arrives - ETA 2 - 3 weeks.

In the mean-time I'm mostly doing lots more research, planning and acquiring stocks of Valium.

Oh, and did I mention the Pontos set (apparently) includes the Ship's Bell in turned brass - I kid you not. No sign of the Ship's cat yet though...

Have fun! :frantic:

:coolio:

Iain