Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

Hi All

IF this can reassures or add some new clouds to this discussion: I just received a reply from my "seller" to THE question I recently asked him:

d6sg07.jpg

Wait, wait, wait...

;-)

Um - he's not likely to reply and say "you've rumbled me, it's not a 1/32 Tamiya", is he? 

That's the point of scams, you lie through your teeth at every opportunity. The second you tell the truth, the scam ends.

So I'm either going to get it, or 30 days after the end of the stated delivery window, I'll start the process and will eventually get my money back. It's not like I'm out a fortune in any event. Less than $50. I'm willing to risk it.

I can only assume the seller has a significant number of buyers who, for whatever reason, fail to lodge a refund request, hence making it profitable for him.

It's all very odd.

Our local Hobbytown is our sponsor for the Temecula Valley Model Club. He brought several kits in and was selling them for $144 USD. Bob is the owner and has a pretty good idea of what kits would be of interest to our members. In many cases his pricing on new kits is well below on-line hobby shops. By the way, Bob is our head chef at our annual TVMC BBQ, as a former Fire Captain, he cooks a mean burger and dogs.

We support our local hobby shops.  Thanks Bob!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302448288554?epid=2159791542&hash=item466b52a32a:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZq

So I'm either going to get it, or 30 days after the end of the stated delivery window, I'll start the process and will eventually get my money back. It's not like I'm out a fortune in any event. Less than $50. I'm willing to risk it.

Honestly I'm rather shocked you are still hopeful.

Oddly, there is another seller selling the same kit for $4.99. And if you look at his other auctions he is selling the exact same products as the other account in a China. Both have 90 feedback too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302448288554?epid=2159791542&hash=item466b52a32a:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZqDyS

Edited by ScoobyDoo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302448288554?epid=2159791542&hash=item466b52a32a:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZqHonestly I'm rather shocked you are still hopeful.

Oddly, there is another seller selling the same kit for $4.99. And if you look at his other auctions he is selling the exact same products as the other account in a China. Both have 90 feedback too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302448288554?epid=2159791542&hash=item466b52a32a:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZqDyS

Did you see the shipping price.

This is 135 USD worldwide. So the total cost is similar with the other sellers . This is a kind of "attention whore"

If you go to the sellers auctions and click on completed auctions I count 40 in total 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1Ds sold (some of the auctions are multiples of ten).

I pre-ordered from Tokyo Hobby and received my shipping notice the same day Jennings received his shipping notice. I've had my kits 3 weeks.

No one has posted they received a kit.

No feedback has been given for any Tamiya Corsair purchases. Occasionally scammers do have fake bids/purchases on their account along with fake feedback from those accounts.

eBay does charge a fee for refunds, I received a refund for a decal sheet I didn't receive once and the fee was equal to what I paid ($8.00). At that time I noticed buyers are only permitted three refunds a year.

Yes, we've heard many times that you already got your three kits from a reputable vendor so this doesn't affect you in the least. No need to bring it up every post.

My question was directed about members who got in on this offer. How many got a package from the seller and did you get get what you ordered?

Indeed, lets try to remain to keep this one on track, and see where it ends up at. Id like to see myself...........

Bottom line is, EBay is pretty good at dealing with these type of people if its a scam. I would actually have ZERO problem investing in this type of thing, even if just to see how it worked out...............there is very VERY good chance that even if hes a scammer, EBay will take care of things and make it right.

Its generally a buyers paradise and they do like to make sure no one gets ripped off.