For me the Mc.202 is the Ferrari among the WWII birds, so my front row seat is booked. Excellent choice.

Lothar

It has a very elegant look to it, like a Spitfire has a pleasing look. Brad, would you try the "smoke ring " scheme? Looks very challenging to do but so represents the Macchi.

Don

A small start tonight. I've thinned down the fuselage sides considerably to fit the resin cockpit in. I had the one that's glued clamped at the top so I get a smooth as possible join between it and the fuselage. I have the feeling that this won't be an easy build.

P1010022_zpss8bzx71f.jpg

Challenging builds are so much more satisfying and interesting though Brad aren't they, it's proper modelling instead of just assembling.

Max

Haha, yeh, but I did say this was the year I was going to build all easy kits, but that's kinda gone out the window!

The PCM kits are a bit challenging as I found out on my G55 build but they do such amazing subjects so it's well worth the effort.

Cheers

Dennis

Oh, my poor PCM G55 is sitting 3/4 built under my bed. I really need to finish it one day, just the damn thing annoyed me!

Exhaust stacks are now in. I had to remove a good amount of plastic and then use a little force to get them sitting close to correctly. Also positioned the other side wall of the cockpit and committed some glue there. I just had to make sure the floor fitted right before this. It'll still be a bit of a squeeze, but it should be ok.

P1010006_zpsppmpwphe.jpg

P1010005_zpsrv6oe0qw.jpg

P1010007_zps8pfqbij8.jpg

Looks good so far. I built the 202, the 205 and the Re2005 from PCM and even if they qualify as short run, they are super kits. Take care with dry fitting and give the fuselage and wing halves a quick swipe on a piece of sandpaper flat on the table and you'll be fine. Loved them

Looks good so far. I built the 202, the 205 and the Re2005 from PCM and even if they qualify as short run, they are super kits. Take care with dry fitting and give the fuselage and wing halves a quick swipe on a piece of sandpaper flat on the table and you'll be fine. Loved them

Yeh I noticed a bit of slag on the mating surfaces. Mine has a very rough surface as well, I'll need to run some 2000 grit over it before painting.

Edited by BradG

Photoetch for the cockpit is ok, although some parts are very fiddly. The give some film for the instruments, but it's not very good so I'll probably use some instrument decals on the panel.

P1010008_zpszq4krh2l.jpg