Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956, with Reposted Images

dodgem37

Whoa!  Back from the Almost Dead!  Or is it Mostly Dead, which is Still Alive?  I forget.  I guess I need to view the video of Billy Crystal as Miracle Max.

Thank you, Dane.  Appreciate you looking in and your good words.

Thank you, Kevin.  I do like the eye candy of lots of detail.  Making it look good is the challenge for me.

Brother Bear!  I need to get over to your A-6 thread.  My apologies for being so late.  The PT has taken up all of my time.  Lots and lots of detailing on that build.  Thank you for your compliments.

Thank you, Martin.  I didn't like the results of the engine painting so decided to strip the paint off.  To get into the nooks and crannies I needed to use a toothbrush.  Unfortunately some scrubbing removed some detail.  Now that I've completed the construction phase of the PT Boat, shameless plug: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=69311&page=1 I've got the engine on the deck for a rebuild, which I am looking forward to working on.

Thank you, Raf.  I wish I shared your view of these results, which I didn't like and so stripped off.  The new camo has been painted on and I've been cleaning up the edge-work.  National and Campaign Markings have been sprayed on and I'm also working on cleaning up that edge-work.  I'll never use tape this way again.  I should have use vinyl.  Anyway, I've yet to do the numerals.  So I'm almost back to the point I left off with this thread.

Brother Bear, Almost there.

Raf, That's the drawing I used.  It's a sight for sore eyes.  I spent a lot of time studying that drawing.

FAMF, I'm not offended.  I consider your comment a compliment.  Some of the best weathered schemes I've seen are on paper models.  Others may disagree, and that's OK.  Everyone has their own eye.

So, in a nutshell, I've almost completed re-painting the aircraft and getting back to this point.  It will look similar, tho different.  The scheme is the same, where the tape has removed the top coat is different.  The Campaign Stripes were too far outboard, and that has been corrected.  National and Identification Markings are/will be masked.

Once the painting is complete I'll run a pin along the panel lines.  I'll also be looking at the condition of the engine and engine bay to see what I can see.

Thank you for looking in and bringing this back from the Almost/Mostly Dead.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Chuck.

When the rockets go up

Who cares where they come down,

That's not my department

Said Wernher Von Braun.

Failed miserably trying to make the launch rails so I bought this:

DSCN6213_zps3j9yvkiv.jpg

Did a LOT of fiddling around and made these:

DSCN6215_zps94ejiwvo.jpg

I broke a part which means that I had to ditch 2 rockets as they were not mounted asymmetrical.  The fins on the other two popped off so they didn't make it to the glamour shot.

DSCN6214_zpszlibzeij.jpg

Did more fiddling around and made these.

Thank you for looking and liking.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Brothers.  You are the BEST!  But as I say to my wife when she ventures down into the basement to see 'Why are you down there all of the time?'  Monkey See, Monkey Do.

K2, Hush up!  You talkin' NONSENSE!

Thank you all each and every day for looking and liking.

Sincerely,

Mark