Hasegawa Me 262 Aufklärer Ia

Alain Gadbois

You can always buy pewter sheets in an Arts & Crafts store ...

Real pewter foil have become very rare nowadays on wine bottles...France is not anymore what it used to be ;) ( that just refers to wine bottles;  don't believe a certain moron's declarations about Paris ;) )

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Hi all! 

Thanks for the comments again, much appreciated!

The left side of the cockpit has been glued in place, puttied, sanded and primed.

You can note the gun access panel just in front of the wing... 

rksbF9X.jpg

I started making the components that will go in the fuselage interior. Bits of wiring, electrical boxes and various items...I used fine wire from cables, thin lead solder, some sprue bits and resin bits that look

the part.

tpKjzUt.jpg

Similar stuff on the right side. Just test fitting, no glue. Most painting will be done before assembly. 

ZXjvSNw.jpg

Also finally, tail parts and the scribed and riveted rudder, primed a while ago, but did not photograph until today. 

85BoYDh.jpg

Bye for now!

Alain

Thank you Alan, Lain and Tim!

I am glad you enjoy the techniques, as I will try to show more during the build. 

I did more engraving work turning this time to the wings:

PVuZByO.jpg

Checking references, I found most scribed lines were accurate, so I just scribed over the raised detail, then sanded and

primed both wing undersurfaces.

I then drew lines where the rivets would go. Some rivet lines are double, so to help mark those I created a very simple template in thin styrene.

I will keep it for the fuselage as most of those are also double.

8wKze6u.jpg

Here is the result. It is much simpler to do this before the wings are assembled!

yRx59S8.jpg

Now more on the internal details. I gave a thin coat of white Tamiya primer on the wires before painting then yellow. One tank was also 

painted silver (also Tamiya can, Silver leaf).

pFMK7RK.jpg

Some of the bits in place with paint and weathering.

kfTmd2s.jpg

I make a "dirty" mix I apply first. I scrape various colors of dry pastels then mix with water. More water will make the mix less dirty...

In this case the silver finish meant I had to use more pastel pigment.

Sxj68Rt.jpg

sgSC2p2.jpg

To check that all the detail will fit I made new 2 fuel tanks. I used the drawing for height and length, and the volume given (some calculations done...) to deduct the width.

Cy3pTvz.jpg

Here is one, all sanded, in place.

obJ7ODg.jpg

When the bottom section is added, even I was surprised on how little will be seen...

n9kuML0.jpg

Bye for now!

Alain

Hi all!

Thanks Mark, thanks Guy, although I confess I'm not too certain about what plastic thing your talking about!

Painted some other bits with the silver can:

oHi47k1.jpg

It's time to look into those Jumo engines, to move this part of the build along. I wanted to avoid the joint inside the exhaust so I cut off that section out of one half, glued together, filled in and sanded smooth.

Once painted, I inserted the exhaust cone part and glued in place.

ojEWh4j.jpg

qfJQtPP.jpg

The result:

IZBkCkA.jpg

So far so good...

Bye for now,

Alain