F-23A in 1/48

F`s are my favs

Божке Милане, чак Ñега забелÑзах че ти Ñи подхванал това безумие на американÑкото ÑамолетоÑтроене :)

Guest Peterpools

Milan

OMG ... what a project and the level of reconstruction and kit surgery is beyond belief!

Absolutely stunning work

Just have no idea how you determine what and where to cut and then how to get everything all back together.

Keep 'em comin

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

10x guys! 

@Chavdar - hi and let`s stick with the english. ;) Yep that`s me, trying different adventures - the F-23A was always one of the most mysterious planes to me.

@Peter - thx thx! The exact spots for cutting (sawing) are determined by.... hmmm.... i eyeballed it... :), but not exactly. The unclassified schemes in yf-23.net are the main guidelines, then a little bit more planning according to the easiest changes required to get to the results, from what i have as the basic YF kit. Just the Paint was involved and so the "agenda" that i used may not be so clear, but i`ll post a couple of schemes in a moment.

This is for the main edits of the fuselage, in sequence, of which i executed roughly 90% of the planned:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is for the nose section, but i did the extension almost entirely different in reality...

image.jpgimage.jpg

There are some very little changes along the steps, especially for the fuselage cuts. Every picture shows a different step. The colored lines show the cut paths. The black lines show the silhouette of the YF overlapped with the colored real (conceptual) image of the F. This shows the main edits of the profiles, at once:

compatison.png

And all this is just for the main spots for extension and editing. I know that it is not presentative, but kinda helped me to get to the required result, at least to me. I also took into account all the graphs and profiles of the F-23A on the yf-23.net. And that`s basically it - for the big things. :) There are plenty of small things that also went through major changes.

The MLGs - modified, glued, just about prepped. Here are the original parts and 1 bay assembled:

photo_2.jpg

First were the forks - the oob pylons featured the "mechanical sping" type forks (perhaps this type has a specific name), which were mounted on the YF-version, and are very similar to the F-18`s. 

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

The pylons rotate from the base and are permanently held to the bays. I used instead only 1 small magnet to a metal plate per bay, for the keeping of the doors closed:

photo_1_1.jpg

With the bays on their places. Btw the entire bays are repositioned a few milimeters backwards so to not interfere with the inner portions of the intake ducts.

photo_3_1.jpg

And and outside view of the doors closed. A few more cosmetic touches, adjustment of the opening of the doors, painting and wiring of the gears, and will take care of the sanding of the doors.

photo_5_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Milan

Amazing how you keep slicing up the F-35, adding huge voids to correct the profile and then blend is back together flawlessly.

Keep 'em comin

Peter