BradG

Next Group Build Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Group Build would you like to do next

• Iron Rain
    • Flying a Continent; Asia
    • Animal Magnetism

Hi all,

For the Group Build that will replace 'Stars and Bars', we've decided to have a vote. I've picked out 3 topics that I think are pretty broad in scope, descriptions are below. Please vote for 1 only.

Iron Rain - Any aircraft so long as it has at least 1 bomb and/or unguided air to ground rocket or rocket pod hanging from it. Air to ground guided missiles are excluded.

Flying a Continent; Asia - Any aircraft so long as it's in the markings of a country in Asia. The list can be found here;

https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-asia.html

Animal Magnetism - Aircraft that have an animal as their name eg; F-14 Tomcat, Spitfire, Mustang, Puma, Macchi 205 Veltro (Greyhound) etc etc.

Voting closes at the end of the Month.

Edited by BradG

ok im being picky but a caterpillar is not a animal its a Insect, lol 

i know this as we had a insects GB on MMM, we has spifires, mosquitos, gnats, dragon flies you get the idea

Well, technically, insects are in a phylum (Arthropoda) in the animal kingdom, so they are indeed animals!

Kev

errr? what animal is a spitfire?

or have i missed something in my biology lessons

Caterpillar

Kev

... Yeah ... I was wondering that too ... The "spitfires" I used to refer to growing up were the sort Kev has mentioned ... but it was more of a nickname than an actual species name, I always thought.

Not like say Puma ... or Tomcat ... 

I guess ... if in doubt ... whack a bomb underneath and you fit into one category of the above!!

Which is my next point ... hanging ordinance pretty much covers all eras and types except for night fighters - so plenty of options there.

... but My ZM He.219 "Owl" would only fit into the animal bracket ... an Fw.190 is a Würger ... which is a "Shrike" .... soooo ....

Rog :)