XF5U-1 Flying Flapjack 1/48 Kittyhawk

artoor_k

Not user-friendly set of a model of very interesting fighter...

Kittyhawk Flying Flapjack is a difficult set. In fact , I'm not recommending it. Sprue gates in strange places, too long mounting bolts or even bolts in inadequate places etc.
Anyway, I'm happy with result but sometimes I wanted to throw in out of the window :)
Painted with Mr.Hobby paints with help of Tamiya washes and AK pigments.

DSCN2853_zpsvas7edxl.jpg
DSCN2854_zpsoe3owgeo.jpg
DSCN2855_zpswytbnafm.jpg
DSCN2856_zpsz8b6dzaq.jpg
DSCN2857_zpsex6csfne.jpg
DSCN2858_zpsbmak9qfr.jpg
DSCN2859_zpsawukqpn4.jpg
DSCN2860_zpsrld2dygy.jpg

I really like the Uncle Sam colors. The plane actually reminds me of something like the Babylon Five Starfury with fascinating fuselage art like the guys at Starship Modeler made. The weathering and the colors both look great.

Tnarg

Same can be said of every one of their kits.   They won't be getting any more of my money.

Jennings,

I'm with you on their horrendous kits in both scales. I even threw out their F-94C with the Lizard skin finish. And their Voodoo with the multi piece fuselage was a nightmare for one of my friends to hobble together.

I've been struggling with the urge and need to buy their Kingfisher as it will be the only 1/32 scale option for me in my lifetime. 

Joel

I gotta say that you did a utterly fantastic job building the KH kit. A simple, yet such an effective and nicely weathered paint job. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Joel

Edited by Joel_W