OLD Revell Fw 190D-9

Wow, Matty. I'm not sure how to respond to a compliment for my modeling packaged with an insult to my cars. :rolleyes:

My philosophies on those two hobbies are NOT related at all. Apples to oranges, really.

While I do enjoy slapping together new-tool plastic models, tinkering with old-tool kits has a certain nostalgia to it while expanding the skill set.

My philosophy on cars is completely different and can be summed up with one quote: "Even a master chef can not create a gormet meal out of Ritz Crackers and Cheeze Whiz." Only the best ingredients and finest meats will do.

I had no idea that 295/50SR15 tires were considered "cheese cutters", and the brakes are all new disc units bearing absolutely no resemblance to the original drum componants. :P The idea is for the car to look stock without being anywhere near stock.

The only common ground with ALL of my hobbies is the fact that I do what I do because it pleases ME, without regard to whether or not others enjoy or understand what I do.

No more philosophical discussions, please. Explaining the whys and wherefores of my soul's operation does nothing but suck the fun out of it all. :rolleyes:

D

NOTE: No offence has been taken, and none intended by this rebuttal. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: LOL D

Ah...zis is so. I thought you were keeping them 1970's stock with the narrow tyres/Drum? brakes. You're doing what my mate Steve is...keeping them looking stock but tweaking them to handle and stop.

295/50SR15 :P indeed not...thats quite a hefty rigid sticky patch to provide some drive off the line.

Saw a vehicle in Tenessee I'd like to have. :rolleyes: ...plenty of rubber and ride height

:P ;)

Saw a vehicle in Tenessee I'd like to have. :huh: ...plenty of rubber and ride height

:)

Gee, only about $130,000.00AUS plus close to that for shipping and it is all yours! :huh:

And I thought Ritz crackers and Cheese Wiz WAS a gormet meal.. :ph34r:

:lol: Only if you're 13... ;)

D

She's up on wheels:

post-30-1194709310.jpg

The main gear legs and covers are the Revell kit parts. The tail wheel assembly and main wheels are resin copies of the new Hasegawa parts. The decals will be next followed by weathering and a final coat of flat clear.

D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Well, the decals and initial flat coat have been on for about a week now. :lol: But, the wife has so much Christams junk scattered all over the basement that I can't get to my photographing table (which is also covered with Christmas junk). :P

Not sure if it'll proceed without pics, or stall yet again until she gets the mess down there sorted out.

No, I won't touch her stuff in the name of hobby progress. The ensuing storm just wouldn't be worth it. :lol:

D with a hearty "Bah, HUMBUG!" :lol:

Ha! You haven't seen my kitchen table...

:lol:

Kev

Same here, my friend, same here.

While I appreciate the encouragment, this'll have to wait until a horizontal surface gets freed up somewhere here. Stay tuned... :ph34r:

D