Fairey Swordfish Mk I - paint query

SimonCornes

I have just picked up a Trumpeter kit and I fancy a pre war silver machine in cirrux grey and silver/aluminium. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about best shades of grey and silver to use? I am tempted to use a Halfords automotive spray can but what would be the closest match for a silvery grey doped finish and another shade for the grey finish? I know that Hannants did a Cirrux Grey in their Xtracolor range but Hannants don't seem to list it and I am also quite happy to use Alclad aluminium, probably over a Halfords Grey plastic primer base coat but I would be interested if someone could tell me how they did it and what they recommend. As I'm UK based it might help if another UK modeller gave me their thoughts using UK sourced paint?

Many thanks

Thanks guys, so its 2 parts Tamiya to 1 part Sky Grey for the main colour. I am pretty sure that I have the Swordfish Warpaint so when I can find that I'll know what the grey is but I'm sure its Cirrux - not Cirrus - and that its a pretty light colour. I know that silver doped fabric is a dull white-ish aluminium sort of silver when new but can get pretty mucky and grimy so a silver grey always looks more realistic than a pure silver colour. I was also aware of the reddish/pink/brown interior as I know that a coat of dope which is pretty much brick red goes on before the 'silver' and that appears through the white irish linen covering. I am also thinking it would be a fairly streaky colour on the inside as it is very much red-brown on 'the other side' of white linen. 

I now have my Warpaint out so all is well!! So we know that the Cerrux (thanks for the spelling correction Ian!) goes onto the metal parts. Intriguingly the illustrations in the Warpaint suggest virtually as far back as the vertical panel which is virtually level with the rear end of the gunners position although the illustration also shows stringer details for that panel - which would indicate fabric. I imagine the auto slats on the upper wings would also be in Cerrux then but the lower fuselage around the hook area seems to be airframe silver. I fancy an Ark Royal machine with the red and blue stripes of 821 with torpedo fitted and wings folded. Sounds like a plan!