Need HELP with 3D printing

Menelaos

One other possibility, though I may be uninformed on this. Maybe you could get one of the “merchant-designers†on Shapeways to take up this project. You provide the research and he does the design. Then he would be able to offer the seat in various scales on Shapeways, and be able to benefit from the sales—while you would be able to purchase a seat in 1/18 Scale.

Bill M.

One other possibility, though I may be uninformed on this. Maybe you could get one of the “merchant-designers†on Shapeways to take up this project. You provide the research and he does the design. Then he would be able to offer the seat in various scales on Shapeways, and be able to benefit from the sales—while you would be able to purchase a seat in 1/18 Scale.

Bill M.

This is another "myth" about scale models. It is not possible to make detailed parts that can be printed in a number of scales. As I mentioned above, all designs require a certain degree of compromise, even in large scales. Thickness of material, diameters, detail sizes are very important. A 0.7mm wall in scale 1/18 will be less than 0.3 mm (way too fragile) in scale 1/32 and unprintable in smaller scales. Equally, enlarging a scale 1/32 seat to 1/18 will make the detail too clunky and toy-like. A scale 1/18 seat will need to be taylor-made to that scale. Someone who already designed one in a smaller scale may have a decent starting point, but work is still required.

And no artist will do this for just for "exposure".

Radu

well guys first of all TNX for all the answers.

I think you misunderstanding  my question somehow. I'm not sitting here and waiting that someone will call me and said " I have a CAD file of the GQ7 ready for you"...No.

I'm searching to find a solution to create that seat and yes not for 300+ or even 150+ Euros.

I already found someone who created the file and printed 3! seats for only 70 Euros, but unsfortunatly the result was just wrong (s. pic) and he can't make any corrections anymore.

I don't need any rivet and tube of the seat in place, only the right shape and perhaps the harness on it.

And for them that still ask for what reason I need that seat...it's for the TF-104G conversion I made in 1:18 scale...

20170402_000509_LLS.jpg

DSCN5730_zps100d1d85.jpg

DSCN5731_zpsfc6a82c9.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

Indeed, that looks like someone enlarged a smaller scale seat to 1/18, that is why it looks clunky.

Please do not think that I am being dismissive or mean, but good CAD design is not easy and it is not cheap. In fact, come to think of it, that applies to all design. How much would you pay someone to make one "the old fashion way"?

The only solution is to learn how to design in CAD and design it yourself. 

Radu 

Indeed, that looks like someone enlarged a smaller scale seat to 1/18, that is why it looks clunky.

Please do not think that I am being dismissive or mean, but good CAD design is not easy and it is not cheap. In fact, come to think of it, that applies to all design. How much would you pay someone to make one "the old fashion way"?

The only solution is to learn how to design in CAD and design it yourself. 

Radu 

I gave him the 1:32 CAM "GQ7" seat...with all its issues....

Edited by Menelaos

Bill M.

This sounds like how some garage industries get started. But one would have to be convinced that  there will be enough of a market for all the time, cost and efforts the designer will have to put into the project. 

It was the second bit that I had in mind.

You're right about the first bit - not that I would want a scaled up grainy 3D scanned version. As you say, what's the point?

Having said that, I do tend to model things no-one is going to make kits for in any scale. I'm tempted by this beauty:

COWBiplane-No10.jpg

I quite like the guy with the pipe

Richard

I really like that aeroplane! Lookit at all the great details, like the boat anchor shaped guard rails in front and the exposed chain to turn the propeller. And those side by side seats...can't you just hear the fellow singing to his girlfriend, "Come with me, Lucile, on my rickety flying machine...." I'd  love to see WNW offer a model oft that, whatever it is.

However anyone with a modicum of experience in making stick and tissue wood models can make up a pretty decent model in balsa and tissue without getting near plastic.  :punk:

whatever it is.

COW biplane.....  yes, really: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COW_Biplane

Built for the 1912 Military Aeroplane competition which was won by the highly unsuitable Cody, probably tells you all you want about the competition:

Cody_aircraft_mark_V_RAE-O354.jpg

I used to live next to the Coventry Ordnance Works, so I have a sort of interest in the things they made

Richard

Oh, and the engine is equally interesting, a two row 14 cylinder Gnome Omega Omega rotary of 100hp. 

COW biplane.....  yes, really: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COW_Biplane

Built for the 1912 Military Aeroplane competition which was won by the highly unsuitable Cody, probably tells you all you want about the competition:

Cody_aircraft_mark_V_RAE-O354.jpg

I used to live next to the Coventry Ordnance Works, so I have a sort of interest in the things they made

Richard

Oh, and the engine is equally interesting, a two row 14 cylinder Gnome Omega Omega rotary of 100hp. 

Many thanks for the link to Wikipedia.

Stephen