Italeri 1/32 F-35 breaks cover

Scotsman

Just curious but 5 years ago didn't Lindbergh announce the same with full pictures of the prototype?

They are running on a similar timeline to the real aircrafts developement. So you should see half the sprues for eight times the original cost in a box four times the size in a quarter of the shops planned to carry it at some point in 2019...lol

They are running on a similar timeline to the real aircrafts developement. So you should see half the sprues for eight times the original cost in a box four times the size in a quarter of the shops planned to carry it at some point in 2019...lol

I was on the F-35 program for 4 years, they expected too much and R&D was actually production. We were using cutting edge materials, cutting edge technology to produce unproven cutting edge parts!

Like others have said, I'm going to wait for the B version and hopefully replicate a British example... 617 Squadron 1/32nd Lancaster alongside a 617 Squadron F-35B as a 'then and now' anyone?  :whistle:

I had the pleasure of seeing a USAF F-35A (flying with a P-51) and the RAF's first F-35B at Fairford airshow last summer, and I must say it was seriously impressive. To see the RAF B model come in at high speed, stop in what seemed like a few yards and hover so impeccably steadily and then speed off into the distance at some ridiculous rate of knots certainly got the juices flowing. I must say that I love it!

Yes, I saw the same at Farnborough last year. 

I thought the F/A-18 & Typhoon were more impressive, pulling G's like fun & loaded to the teeth with weaponry, afterburners glowing.

The F-35B was a great little party trick. An expensive, great little party trick. That wouldn't land or take off from Farnborough, and disappeared after all of 10 minutes.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Think I'll wait for the 1/32 F-35B (if it happens) as it has oodles more character. However, I'll buy and make the A variant if

a/ I'm alive when/if

b/ it's flown by the Thunderbirds

I will support Italeri by buying the TF-104G and any other Mirage III/5 boxings they issue.

Tony

Pretty much this, otherwise the real thing is a pretty much unremarkable, over due over expensive jet to tax payers who contributed to it ... IMHO.

Having said that, its quite a small Aircraft, fairly petite compared to comparable SHAR size, so not too big for whomever complained about this in 1/32 but initial kit offering is still not the interesting B, so no sale here unfortunately.

Italeri have not released a colourful natural finish F-104 USAF Star-fighter yet, only variant I'm prepared to buy, and apparently not the best of kits either?

So wont be the first in queue for this one either I'm afraid.

If they release a B, then we'll talk.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

• 2 weeks later...