ju87 chicago?

fab

Hello

Any news of the ju87 from Chicago'museum?

It seems to me that a specialized company called Neomek scan the bird, is there any news of a restoration project?

Amities

Fab

A visit to the MSI (Museum of Science and Industry) in Chicago is really a wonderous thing. I grew up in Chicago and spend many entire days there. Except, when I first went there it was known as the Rosenwald museum.

If you are ever in Chicago do spare some time and spend an afternoon there. It is well worth it.

Stephen

• 6 months later...

My sister visited that museum back in September. She took pictures of the Stuka and U-boat for me. Been wondering why the spats are missing? I too wish they would fully restore it and stop hanging it from the ceiling. At this point, it's a one of a kind bird and truly deserves some TLC.

This article is dated 3rd January 2018 :hmmm:

Icons of Aviation History: Junkers Ju-87 Stuka – Hidden History

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/lflank.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/icons-of-aviation-history-junkers-ju-87-stuka/amp/

Don't believe everything you read. I was born in Chicago in the 1930's and I remember the Stuka hanging there in the late 1940's when I hung around that treasure trove of a museum.

So what happened to the Ju-87 that was hanging there in the 1940's???

It had a different paint job and it had its spats. :punk: