Tamiya P-51D Duchess Arlene UPDATE: 2/8/14: ALMOST DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

SD

I really didn't change anything just fixed and finished everything that wasn't done and trying to do a better NMF.  Hopefully, it will work out. Tomorrow starts the Alclad process and I have my fingers cfrossed

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Matt

That's the problem with learning how to do things better - just drives me nuts. I already now know one thing I didn't know before - stripping paint off a finished model ... never again - just way too much work.

Tomorrow is the day.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Just trying to push the envelope a bit more and maybe I'll get a bit lucky and actually get there \.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Wow Peter, that's crazy! I agree with SD and thought there was nothing wrong with it originally. Doing things better/differently is what the next build is all about! But then, having rebuilt several models myself (with another one in process right now), I can certainly see where you're coming from. It'll be interesting to see where you take this!

Kev

Peter....you're killin' me...did you just... wait... No he didn't... HE DID! Allllllllriggggghty then. LOL  :mental:

Well if anybody can pull this off . It's got to be you! ( and the voices in your head ). 

All the best to you!  

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Paul

It just kept on gnawing at me and once Old Crow was done, it was the final nail in the coffin. I fired the canons, might as well keep on advancing the troops.

Peter

Cheers Peter, a man after my own heart!  I have stripped half of the 1/32 kits I have built, and surprisingly my Tamiya P-51D wasn't one of them!  On the first 1/32 Tamiya F-16 I built, I stripped the whole model TWICE.  It really is a lot of work, but the end is always worth the trouble.  I use the same technique you do, and I know it will be stunning when completed.  Bring on the Duchess!

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Frank

I'm in high gear now and going all out. We have a snow storm starting today with a prediction of upto 14 inches of snow, so it looks like I'll be inside for a while working on the Duchess.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Dave

The transformation is underway and the wings  and tailplanes have been painted with Alclad Gloss Black base and the drying process has started. Looking at letting everything dry for at least 5 days and then I'll do the fuselage. Sill have my fingers crossed as Murphy can show up anytime.

Peter

Don't see anything wrong with BBD, but I know - you are the one who has to be happy with the result ! I have a Trumpy F6F that is undergoing the same treatment (plus spreading one wing previously folded) and it has some extended periods on the shelf between stints on it...

Nice to see that I'm not the only one that is daft enough to do something like this...

Good luck

BTW iso is not as effective as Mr Thinner, but a lot cheaper too so you might wanna try that next (LOL) time