Revell Mosquito Pr Mk. XVI

b757captain

Very nice great the way you have adapted the Aftermart parts to this old Revel bird.

Guy

Thanks Guy! It's not too hard but does take some creativity when the parts are made for a different kit.

Love the Wooden Wonder you have going here. I'm not  PE fan either but it sure is looking good.

jack

Thanks Jack!

Mark

excellent start on the Mossie front office.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter!

With the fuselage buttoned up it was time to tackle the nacelles. A guide of sorts is provided for cutting the plastic but as always, measure once and cut twice - oops, measure twice, cut once!

kLpdGxp.jpg

To make things easier I assembled the kit nacelles and attached them to the wings. Some trimming and fitting required.

zojE1Nw.jpg

After getting the nacelles glued on and seams taken care of, the last thing to do is cut the gear door reliefs on the bottom of the resin nacelles. I'm not sure why GM didn't do this but a little work with the dremel and a file and it's done:

gWEy5Z4.jpg

tsmaxAV.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by b757captain

With the nacelles done it was time to make it look like an airplane:

ZIWyBK0.jpg

The fuselage seams took a lot of work to fix - just a factor of old molds mainly, but the wings and tail plane fit pretty well considering.

Next up was the canopy and clear nose. I'm not a big fan of vac-form canopies generally but they trimmed and fit better than I expected. Not very well defined framework though:

LSJiXyv.jpg

I should have bought some masks for the canopy, it would have made things much easier - even though there are none for the Revell kit. I'm sure I could have adapted masks for the HK kit. 

Mark

Edited by b757captain

Gee mark she has come together very well are you contemplating any other aftermarket to adapt to this old bird ?

Anyway keep going this is a very interesting build.

Guy

Gee mark she has come together very well are you contemplating any other aftermarket to adapt to this old bird ?

Anyway keep going this is a very interesting build.

Guy

Thanks Guy! All the AM that's left to add is the decals and Eduard wheels. 

Looking good! This is a fun build to watch!

Thanks!

A few blurry pics with paint added. Hint: check the photo qualities after taking them, not two days later when it's too late!

58TppX9.jpg

5H7qoPJ.jpg

I know there is controversy concerning the invasion stripes but the Mosquito at the Air Force Museum has them and that's good enough of me! Plus I like the way the plane looks with the stripes.

Next up, clearcoat and decals. I usually airbrush 3 or 4 coats of Future for the gloss coat but this time I had problems with it - the first few coats wouldn't level out, they beaded up. Not sure why, I didn't do anything different than I normally do. Maybe it was too cold or too humid. All worked out in the end though. The decals went on easily and reacted well to Microsol:

vfdLbkP.jpg

Next up, final assembly and finishing touches!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by b757captain

• 2 weeks later...