Hasegawa F6F-3/5 Hellcat...

Shaka HI

Hi Shaka,

This is just me, and what i would do on just one itty bitty part of the project.

I would file off those raised things around the machine guns holes off, and i would take a round file and bore the machine gun holes oversize. Next i would insert lengths of evergreen tube into the holes and make em long so i could align all of them. Next i would saw them off and file them flush with the leading edge of the wing.

The reason i said to make them long so you can align them is so when theyre cut and sanded flush, the form sleeves to take some aftermarket guns which should be an easy press fit with little or no glue.

Just a suggestion.

-d-

Just so you don't think that i pulled this idea out of my ass, here are some photos of the implementation. I know its not 32nd scale but it IS a Hellcat. The photos were not taken specifically of the machine guns, and the tubing is aluminium and not plastic (its 72nd scale) but the principles are the same.

DHF6F5NAirframe029.jpg

DHF6F5NQEC2Installation038.jpg

DHF6F5QEC2025.jpg

DHF6F-5NStbd055.jpg

DHF6F-5NFwd008A.jpg

DHF6F-5NPort005A.jpg

DHF6F-5NPort074A.jpg

Submitted for your review and consideration,

D-Peche Mode

Thanks for the bump, Martin...I'm still working this, but I know I won't finish the GB (nor the other one, for that matter)...

Still feeling my way with my new job (laid off mid-Nov of last year, new job mid Dec.) and now experiencing health issues (a cancer scare). Just got over a very bad cold and I don't get colds, ever. I can't smell or taste ANYTHING which is a bit odd as I've never experienced this before. If I had to go through life without tasting any food/drink for the rest of my life (I know a few with this condition) -- I'd kill myself!

I try to visit these forums everyday, but it's a bit difficult to stay motivated. 

I'm working the control surfaces..seriously, nothing fits perfectly on this kit, but I'm not complaining...I hope to shoot a coat of primer end of the month.

Stay healthy gentlemen.

• 2 weeks later...

Health is improving -- work's still stressful, but you can't have everything.

I dropped the model and one of the windows behind the cockpit popped off so...I guess I'll be making "-5"! I suppose there's more to it than those "little windows" between the variants..but I don't care. I'll be experimenting with more weathering techniques on this build!

S91IAPg.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Can't believe I missed the post about your health issues. Nothing is more important then taking care of yourself; just take it easy and find out what the cause is. Model building is way down the list compared to your well being.

Peter