BF-109K-4

ruzlkampf

U the man Russ! Ur a monster wit these builds!

I better kick it in the arse just to keep up..........

Although, I do find it kinda hard to keep motivated at certain stages of builds........like sanding and unfortunately the project im on now requires a ton of it, in joining many resin parts to the OEM kit parts to make a resin/injection Frankenstein.

Keep the pics comin, and remember to take a breath and drink a beer/wine/favorite adult beverage of ur choice!

Cheers,

Brian

Day-thuhreee, and the night is still young. Only 3:00am (bah-hah, I LOVE vacations!), so while I'm posting my paint should be juuuust about ready for a gloss lacquer coat and decals before I stop for the night. Methinks I'll have this done by tomorrow! :hi:

Heeeeeey Brian! Glad to see ya following along with the fun & games. Been waiting on another update for the Mk.XIV,....what's up with that?! :thumbsup: Thinking of doing one of those in 1/24th around March or so with an old Airfix MK.-1 kit I got for a song & bad shuffly dance. I foresee mucho putty in my future! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that technique worked out pretty good Kevin. I don't pre-shade too often, but it wuz the way to go for this camo-scheme. My paint-jobs are about as subtle as a loose cannon, but I thought I'd give it a whirl to see what'd happen. Here's where I wuz after I got my dead-beat butt up this afternoon. Repainted the spinner while I was doing black. I read where the spinner was toned down with RLM-75 on some of these so I thought I'd try it grey. Nuh-uh. Didn't happen. This build has been constantly morphing in my attempt to get what I have envisioned,....whatever that is....a very low-viz late war 'what-if' that I woulda wanted to fly if I had my druthers to paint it any way I wanted at the time. Time for some progress pics!

post-4413-1262085062.jpg

OK, the plan was to pre-shade over my RLM-65 (that doesn't sound right. :hi: ), then go back over it with yet more RLM-65......then a light overspray with RLM-76 on the high spots and to give it a faded look. Came out better than I expected, but my photo skills suck as far as showing ya'll what it really looks like. Here's a few views to give the general idea;

post-4413-1262085505.jpg

post-4413-1262085524.jpg

Ooooooh well, that's the general idea anyway. One last while I'm stalling waiting for for paint to dry and put decals on.

post-4413-1262085784.jpg

Let me put the canopy/wheels/ and spinner on for a full dress rehearsal, just to see where it's going. Darn thing is tough to photograph! :hi:

post-4413-1262085880.jpg

Heeeeeeyyy Blackbetty! Yep, this is good practice for some future low-viz schemes for some navy jets. I really suck at this, but it's lots of fun! :frantic: OK, a few more views of my 'subtle paint-job'. Ooooooh I can't wait to meet my nemesis; Mr. Exhaust-Stain, and my other arch-rival Senior' Weathering.

post-4413-1262086199.jpg

I like this view, it comes closest to showing what it really looks like.

post-4413-1262086239.jpg

Last pic of the morning, I've foo-fooed around long enough posting pics and must get back to putting the decals on this little mud-turtle. Next pics just miiight be of the finished model. Gotta scram, so more pics as things progress, eh?! Later, Russ

post-4413-1262086422.jpg