pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

Norbert, those figures look absolutely amazing and opens up some really exciting possibilities with dioramas etc. As a WW2 modeller I'd like to see some figures of that era but as Thierry as said above, resin figures must now have a limited shelf life.

Max

Excellent, but I don't do Facebook. Please post more here.

Love the USN ground crew.

Could use some early 1970s USAF SEA - bare arms / t-shirt stuff for hot 'n' humid

Tony

Excellent resolution Norbert. This development is very exciting. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. I'm eager to see more.

In fact, putting the two scales side by side gives a realistic height disparity. Not everyone is the same size after all.

Great stuff.

Cheers.

I want them !!!!

Great poses...Some crew guys working around a plane (hauling hoses or in a pose to, etc) would be great too. 

MM

edit to say: 

I never realized how much size difference there was between 1/32 and 1/35...now I know why 1/35 always looked wrong...

Edit again...

Need some pilots too...in poses like the helo pilots up earlier and maybe some doing a preflight on a plane....

I'm done editing now...

Edited by Magic Mike

mmm, I've some doubts about this......I'm not at all worried.

I hope you are not!

Moreover, 3d scan will not allow us to get a figure of Galland, Boyington or Olds before long! So, sculpters still have work!

However, it is obvious that 3d printing will be the most appropriate technology to produce figures and even parts in the following years as this asks for far less manual work. The main problem with the current resin sets is the casting process of the molds and the parts. This is really labour intensive.

I never realized how much size difference there was between 1/32 and 1/35...now I know why 1/35 always looked wrong...

Indeed, the difference is quite obvious. For a similar reason, I did not like much using Verlinden or similar 54mm figures with 1/35 th vehicles as they too often look far too large. If some people are tall and others are small, a gun, a helmet or an extinguisher has a standard size and a difference of 10% always jumped to my eyes...