Maj Lionel W. B. Rees, DH-2, No. 32 Squadron RFC

TimW

Tim,

The DH-2 is sure looking impressive.What are you rigging with? May just be my monitor but some of the rigging looks like brass wire.At any rate an excellent project and one I'm getting good tips from before starting my own.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette :) :) :)

Tim,

The DH-2 is sure looking impressive.What are you rigging with? May just be my monitor but some of the rigging looks like brass wire.At any rate an excellent project and one I'm getting good tips from before starting my own.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette :speak_cool: :) :)

Hi--

I'm using fishing line and steel wire. I painted the fishing line with a steel/silver blend. The lights I'm using are probably giving everything a brass tint in some of the pictures. I'll try and get some pix with natural light as well (these were taken at night, so only the camera flash and work lamps).

The wire can be obtained at http://www.smallparts.com. For 1/32, I use .008 diameter wire/line and so far it have had good results.

Regards,

Tim W

GREAT JOB!!

Ive never fancied myself as a WWI kinda guy but seeing exceptional work like yours and the results possible make me think differently about this era...........

Your rigging just makes this model all that much more realistic and interesting. Really exceptional work.

Keep the pics comin!

Cheers,

Brian

Well, luckily I finished the DH-2 last night (finishing touches, touch-ups, etc). Pictures very shortly. I also have to finish painting the manly pilot figure who will be standing nearby.

This kit is delicate enough that I will be putting it on some sort of base. I cringe every time I pick it up and the tail skid has already proven that it's not the best of load-bearing structures.

Stay tuned,

Tim W

PS - Good timing as my Airfix 1/24 Mossie arrived yesterday...WOW!

Hurray! Can't wait to see the final pics Tim, this really turned out great! I can't even imagine handling something with that much rigging, looks like a spider-web. :) :P More pics,....more pics!!! :speak_cool:

I am putting the finishing touches on the diorama base and the pilot...

I hope to take pictures later tonite (or tomorrow) depending on how long it takes the static grass "terrain" to dry. B)

Thanks for the continuing interest!

Tim W