50 replies to this topic

#16 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image

Might have to invest in one of these!

And I JUST did! I also had a go at putting a Revell Hunter I found on E-bay on my "watch" list...............only 1 bid on it, and its around $18.00 US...........with Auction ending today in about 10 hrs. Just enough time to get some Zzzzs before I bid on it!

Brian

#17 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

And I JUST did! I also had a go at putting a Revell Hunter I found on E-bay on my "watch" list...............only 1 bid on it, and its around $18.00 US...........with Auction ending today in about 10 hrs. Just enough time to get some Zzzzs before I bid on it!

Brian

Did you get it? I see it went for a bargain - they go for at least twice that over here.

#18 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Did you get it? I see it went for a bargain - they go for at least twice that over here.

:ninja: And your correct Andy-san..........not seen them over here for less that $50 US at a minimum.
I just now managed to snag it for $20.50 US!

I coulndt believe it.........but I used my normal EvilBay tactic.........bid with the absolute MAXIMUM amount you would ever be willing to bid on it (as EBay only bids whatever it needs to trump the last highest bid and no more)............only be patient and do it within the last 30 to 60 seconds of the auction. It usually works if someone hasnt already place THEIR max. In that case if you loose, twas never meant to be, as they were already over your top bid anyway.

In this case I placed my top bid with about 29 seconds left in teh auction.........usually doesnt give anyone else a chance to adjust their max bid over mine. It worked this same way for teh Hunter.

Cheers,
Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha, 11 June 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#19 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

:ninja: And your correct Andy-san..........not seen them over here for less that $50 US at a minimum.
I just now managed to snag it for $20.50 US!

I coulndt believe it.........but I used my normal EvilBay tactic.........bid with the absolute MAXIMUM amount you would ever be willing to bid on it (as EBay only bids whatever it needs to trump the last highest bid and no more)............only be patient and do it within the last 30 to 60 seconds of the auction. It usually works if someone hasnt already place THEIR max. In that case if you loose, twas never meant to be, as they were already over your top bid anyway.

In this case I placed my top bid with about 29 seconds left in teh auction.........usually doesnt give anyone else a chance to adjust their max bid over mine. It worked this same way for teh Hunter.

Cheers,
Brian

Nice to know someone appreciates the Hunter in the Land Of The Free ©! I normally bid with about 10 seconds to go, I have two pages open, one with the item and the clock ticking down, the other with the bid, like you the maximum I'll go to, then when the clock hits 10 seconds, change page, breathe in, and click confirm, I won a F-5E pit last week with the bid confirmed at the last second, must have been a deeeep breath!

Some T.8M pics http://www.abpic.co....latest&limit=50

Edited by Kagemusha, 12 June 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#20 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, I really do fancy the T-8M over any of the other hunter varients.

That first RNAS early Dark gray over white, is the squadron Ill be doing. :D Im going to contact Ian and have him make me a set of masks for it..........after I get my He-51 measured up and paid for. :unsure:

Brian

#21 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

This is one of my favorite pics of the T8 M and likely the airframe Ill be doing..........

Posted Image

Cheers,
Brian

#22 PhilB

PhilB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

Whatchaget? F6 or FGA9????
If tis the F6 you will need to use the Fisher arse end to have the parachute fairing.
The FGA9 should have it in da kit.
If you have any probs with the winged fist I'll have a rummage around with Xtradecals at Hannants sure they have that in one of their FAA schemes.

Cool purchase!

P

Currently being abused
F-8C VF-84 Fisher conversion

#23 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

Whatchaget? F6 or FGA9????
If tis the F6 you will need to use the Fisher arse end to have the parachute fairing.
The FGA9 should have it in da kit.
If you have any probs with the winged fist I'll have a rummage around with Xtradecals at Hannants sure they have that in one of their FAA schemes.

Cool purchase!

P

Well thats good news then now idnit! :D

Posted Image

:speak_cool:

B

#24 PhilB

PhilB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

Good!
That will save you a bit of work!
Unless of course you want to chop off the rear end and replace it with the same thing in resin? :ninja:
Unless things have changed you may need the Xtradecal Hunter sheet for the stencils (I seem to remember some weren't on the kit sheet)
Let me know if the kit sheet is OK. If not I'll sort out the extradecal sheet for ya!(got 3 or 4 lyin around here somewhere!)

Currently being abused
F-8C VF-84 Fisher conversion

#25 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

Good!
Unless of course you want to chop off the rear end and replace it with the same thing in resin? :ninja:
Unless things have changed you may need the Xtradecal Hunter sheet for the stencils (I seem to remember some weren't on the kit sheet)
Let me know if the kit sheet is OK. If not I'll sort out the extradecal sheet for ya!(got 3 or 4 lyin around here somewhere!)

+1!

B

#26 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,277 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Good!

Actually Phil, in the FGA. 9 kit, the back end of the plane is separate. Cause I just did the T.7 conversion. When Revell re-did the molds for the FGA. 9, they split the fuselage up into a nose, middle, and tail segment, so you just need to plug the resin tail right on, with no cutting needed. the only cutting needed for the conversion is along the spine.

Matt :speak_cool:

#27 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

This is one of my favorite pics of the T8 M and likely the airframe Ill be doing..........

Posted Image

Cheers,
Brian

I just noticed that the flap has the cut out as on the FGA.9 kit, so you could have the flaps lowered if you wanted, not seen that before on an RAF/RN two seater.

#28 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Any chance seeing the artwork Brian?

#29 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Ian (Thanks mate!) has just sent me (AND without even having to ask I might add!) some LOVELY mask artwork for the 899 NAS 720 ship.........they do look lovely!

As I was replying to Ian about the NAS masks, my doorbell rang.........and ironically enough, it was the postman with my FGA 9!

As soon as I have some things settled, and/or get the conversion Ill pop some pics up. :D

Cheers,
Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha, 21 June 2011 - 09:49 PM.

#30 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

The decals are at the printers right now. I'll ask Paul if he has any artwork I can show. I do know that the T.8C has decal options for day-glow/grey and day-glow/silver aircraft. Thanks to those of you that already pre-ordered!

Brian, any news on when the T8-M conversion might ship?

Just got my E-Bay FGA 9 in the mail this afternoon, and Im jonesin to see the conversion with it! :D :speak_cool:

Cheers,
Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users