55 replies to this topic

#1 Brian79

Brian79

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi guys, I told you I would post some pictures and info when I got the ok! Here is a shot of the protoytpe engine plug for the upcoming Sea Fury reissue. This insert will fit into a cowling that will come with one side of the engine access hatch opened up so all you will have to do is paint this plug and drop it in from that backside and you're done. Once placed inside the cowling, the two outer rings on each side will form the seals for the removed engine panel. We designed this part to deliver maximum detail without being overly complicated to assemble. Just keep in mind that this is the proof of concept and the final part has much more detail, includung plug wires!
Posted Image

#2 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Will the decals also be reissued? I am still looking for a set of early Egypt cockades with the halfmoon in the center.

Regards!
- dutik

#3 williamj

williamj

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

I missed one the first go-round...DO want one this time...Please let us know when they're ready . :speak_cool:

Edited by williamj, 29 April 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#4 Bryan

Bryan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Looks great!

I love the approach Fisher has always taken to detail on models. I have never understood a company making a vastly complicated model with a ton of interior detailing that will never be seen. I would prefer a relatively simple model, with great attention to detail put into the parts that will be visible when it is completed.

#5 Brian79

Brian79

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

I missed one the first go-round...DO want one this time...Please let us know when they're ready . :speak_cool:

Stay tuned for preorder information!

#6 Brian79

Brian79

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Looks great!

I love the approach Fisher has always taken to detail on models. I have never understood a company making a vastly complicated model with a ton of interior detailing that will never be seen. I would prefer a relatively simple model, with great attention to detail put into the parts that will be visible when it is completed.

Thanks Bryan, We agree! :beer4:

#7 Brian79

Brian79

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Will the decals also be reissued? I am still looking for a set of early Egypt cockades with the halfmoon in the center.

Regards!
- dutik

Dutik, I'm not sure, I don't have anything to do with the decal end of the operation.

#8 Wolf Buddee

Wolf Buddee

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Hey, I'm with WilliamJ on this one. I missed it the 1st time 'round too and this is one of my all time favorite aircraft. Now that I've gotten in to 1/32nd I'm going to have to figure out how to pay for one of these. One thing though, I'm a much nicer guy than Bill so can you let me know before him?Posted Image Besides, he already has too much stuff!

Cheers,
Wolf

#9 williamj

williamj

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

Hey, I'm with WilliamJ on this one. I missed it the 1st time 'round too and this is one of my all time favorite aircraft. Now that I've gotten in to 1/32nd I'm going to have to figure out how to pay for one of these. One thing though, I'm a much nicer guy than Bill so can you let me know before him?Posted Image Besides, he already has too much stuff!

Cheers,
Wolf

Posted Image

#10 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Also missed the Sea Fury the first time around and am eagerly waiting fr the new release. I check the web site daily, hoping to see the notice that Paul is accepting deposit. Going to be one great kit. :piliot:

Peter

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#11 Wolf Buddee

Wolf Buddee

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

LOL!!!!! Bill, that is awesome! Very funny indeed!

Cheers,
Wolf

#12 williamj

williamj

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

LOL!!!!! Bill, that is awesome! Very funny indeed!

Cheers,
Wolf

Wolf...had to find the right sentiment. :rolleyes:

#13 Brian79

Brian79

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

If you guys don't stop hijacking my threads, I'm going to have to perform an exorcism on you...
Posted Image

#14 timvkampen

timvkampen

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

That looks quite realistic already!

#15 Wolf Buddee

Wolf Buddee

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:45 AM

Lovely engine detail Brian! I really look forward to getting one of these kits this time 'round. Here's a couple of pics I took of "Simply Magnificent", a Sea Fury that was based at Boundary Bay airport in British Columbia. After metal was found in the engine oil the owner decided it was too costly to have the Bristol engine overhauled again and she was sold to someone down south but I'm not sure to who or where she wound up.

Cheers,
Wolf

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users