12 years old F4b4

fab

An extraordinary build! You took the time to drill through the spreader bars, which I did not. (Hope to have my pix up later today.)

That said, Fab, I believe your tail color is incorrect. AFAIK, the tail color for VF-3B was willow green, not red, even if you're showing the aircraft aboard USS LANGLEY instead of USS RANGER. The number 7 aircraft also should have a true blue section band and cowling face. (VF-3B aircraft didn't paint the Townsend ring in section colors.)

Those points take nothing away from the craftsmanship of your build, which is superb.

:ph34r: Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

Thanks a lot for your comment!

Sorry for the pink color of the tail, but remember, in 1996, internet was a ghost and i ve only used the "Squadron Signal" book to upgrade a bit this bird.

As i remember now, all flags/stars/stencils were paint with mask...It was easy to drill through the spreader bars after...a lot of try :ph34r:

Sorry for my english, worst than my computer level, i am trying to post more picture...

Amitiés

Fab

It was easy to drill through the spreader bars after...a lot of try :lol:

Fab

Fab, can you explain further what you did? Did you use a drill bit? Size?

Anything you might be able to remember will help, since I'd love to do this on the P-26 I'm working on!

:blink: Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

Hello folks!

Many thanks to your fine comment.

As i have understand nothing at the post share on the "tips & photography" I am going to used an other way to post picture ...sorry Thierry, but you know that French are "refractory" with foreign language practice & other cooking recipe.... :lol:

To answer first at the the preceding one question about the the spreader bars , I've used only an Evergreen tube section and play with a hand drilling machine with a 0.3 mm spin...The tensioners are only piano wire in 0.3mm, you will have to drill a hole in the wings or in the fuselage and by this way, you have the possibility to play with the length of the wire....easy if your wife and childs are very, very far away... :P

If you want to know all, this bird survived to a break with my ex girlfriend, two professionnal removals, and a cat....perhaps cause the tensionner wire were glued only in the fuselage, and the wheeels fixed with white glue...

Amitiés

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/Fabm/P11700633.jpg