reply quote:

deep down aren't we all kevin when it comes to our hobby

very interesting approch here Loic. I too will be watching this with interest

Me quote:

"I'm not psychotic and neither am I"

B)

Hi chaps,

thanks guys for the kind words :lol:

After a long thought, I have decided to cut out most of the Zeke forward fuselage.

I actually spent most of the afternoon try to build a skeleton that I will later (try to) skin in order to make up a fuselage.

I first built some sections of styren that I linked with some other bits of styren.

Here are a few shots

Cheers,

Loic

post-3547-1220723349.jpg

Hey!

Thanks guys but I am afraid it is not as beautifull as you may think :o

First of all Rocky, there is no magic in here... and I have actually been struggling all the evening trying to skin that skeleton. It was far less painfull than watching the damn french football team on TV tonight :rolleyes: ... by the way congrats to the Austrian team ;) ... but still it was not a piece of cake!

This said, magic would be so cool... just imagine the possibilities!

Then, Roger, the pics may hide it but the green pieces of plastic actually look like the surface of the moon... lots of work to be expected here to turn those surfaces into something acceptable. But hey, if you do not want to struggle, then do not go scratchbuilding...

Anyway, lets go back to business...

For trying to skin this lady, I have applied the same method as per the Tempest wing and... man! it did work far better with the Tempest :( .

I initially started with 0.5mm thick horizontal styren stripes but they were too thick and I was not able to wrap them in some half decent fuselage shape.

I finally manage to get an acceptable result with 0.25mm styren but as it is so thin, it did go wavy in between the ribs...

I decided to ignore and carry on and that was a good move of mine.

I then did add some 5mm wide 0.5mm thick vertical stripes along the ribs of the skeleton but on the outside of the cockpit.

Then, I did add some 0.5mm thick vertical stripes of the appropriate width between the 5mm ones, still outside.

Then, I added some 1mm wide 0.7mm thick stripes on each side of the internal ribs + 0.25mm thick stripes in between, both on the inside of the cockpit

I will be doing the starboard side hopefully tomorrow then I will need a lot of sandpaper and putty action before I can glue the last layer of 0.25mm thick styren on the outside of the cockpit. I expect the 4 layers of sandwitched styren to be rock solid so that when I get it out of the skeleton, it keeps its shape. Fingers crossed ;)

Here are 2 shots of the progresses. I hope they help understand all the mess written here above :blink:

post-3547-1220738031.jpg

Loic,

You really are a madman.But a very talented madman.Absolutely fantastic project my friend,I'll be watching your progress with great interest.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

"Just Another Bozo On This Bus"

Guest canuck63

ABSOLTELY STUNNING :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !You sure need and deserve to be helped...gonna take a few pictures of the Hasegawa parts in a few hours!

Salut

Manny