No problem, just close your eyes and keep a steady hand..... :innocent:

#32 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

I hope no news is good news.

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#33 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

"Scalpel, forceps, whisky, valium..."  :)

It's only plastic - what could possibly go wrong?  :innocent:

There won't be any fuselage work for a couple of weeks - just arranging a clamber over another two-seater airframe at present so I can get exact measurements/photos for this project. That visit will hopefully be in the next few weeks...

In the mean-time I've had some answers back that will enable me to progress with a few other areas after the engine bay.

Iain

• Shawn M and KiwiZac like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#34 ClumsyDude

ClumsyDude

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

I must say, I've felt nervous about Iain hacking the Spitfire fuselage up, so I'm not sure how he's feeling about it!

You too eh Dean?

#35 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

You too eh Dean?

And now we have to wait a couple more weeks!!

Ah well, it gives me time to get back to hacking my Ju 88 up and turn it into a Ju 288. At least I have instructions.

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#36 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Booked in for some measuring and photos of the real thing next week, something that will enable me to get serious with the major work on this project.

Iain

• airscale and KiwiZac like this

1280-4.jpg

#37 KiwiZac

KiwiZac

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Excellent news Iain, this is a very exciting project and I'm very grateful to your client for allowing you to share progress.

You do realise that wartime they didn't have the RR rockers on them, they were cancelled early on and only came back post war, though it probably has them on it these days, the writing was often picked out in red btw.

And you do realise that the Grace conversion didn't exist until Nick Grace created it in the late 1980s for his restoration of ML407? :innocent:

Cheers, Zac in NZ

#38 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Just in case anyone gets the impression I'm building a replica of the 'Grace' Spitfire itself; I'm not.

This will have a few differences and built to my customer's specification and markings.

My reference to the 'Grace' Spit is in relation to the canopy design used on that airframe, which this model will feature  :)

Iain

• KiwiZac likes this

1280-4.jpg

#39 KiwiZac

KiwiZac

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Ah. I was going to ask if you were replicating an existing machine or one based on the client's own wishes.

Cheers, Zac in NZ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spitfire, Mk IX, Tamiya

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users