Is Revell planning a fighter incarnation of their Ju 88?

RBrown

Seeking an answer to this question of earth shaking importance I visited Madam Zelda, who knows all, sees all and, if you cross her palm with silver she will tell all. Madam Zelda, a genuine Gypsy from Jersey (New Joisey dat is, ya bum ya) cranked up her crystal ball, the motor started with a low rumble and vibrations of the table, thunder and Lightning crashed about the room an and a disembodied voice seemed to come out of nowhere, saying, "What? Ya tink I know the future? Are ya nuts?" and I ended up in on the street sitting in a mud puddle.

Well the Joisey Gypsy cannot help answer your question,  But I think that Revell will release a night fighter version with radar antennae all over the place, just like their reissue of the Me-110 many years ago.

Last I heard from the rumor mill was they're doing a c2 or c6 in 2016, have heard no whispers of a later model 88 yet but they'd be crazy to not do a g6, it'd likely be a hot seller.

Yes, that was the rumour I heard - a 1/32 version of this, which is a natural evolution of the A-4 with minimum change...

image.jpg1_12.jpg

Tony

Between AIMS and CMK it's already possible to do a C-2, although the r/h windshield pane replacement is not easy (a pain) and I'd prefer an all-up Revell C-6 any day.

And an R-1 or -2 etc might be doable based on the Fw 190 engine moulds (was the cowling much different ?)

If you are alive long enough I believe a G-series will come along eventually.

However, we really need a new tool Beaufighter VI.f and Me 110 G-4, to replace the early 1970s Revell editions.

Tony