Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A - first Pics

Scotsman

Guest Clunkmeister

The issues befalling 1/32 jets makes one want to scale down to 1/48 for jets... There are some superb renderings in that scale

Guest Airfixer

Can someone explain the difference between the 9-12, the 9-13, and the 9-19 Fulcrums?  Are they all Mig-29As, or are they different names?

In a nutshell/quick and dirty...

Do you spot the different fuselage spines? Apart from the visible external differences, different radars, improved avionics, improved engines and electronic warfare systems, etc.

Roughly translated into "Viperish", a 9-12 would be an F-16A, the 9-13 an F-16C Block 25 and the 9-19 would be the latest F-16C Block 52 Plus model. :mental:

oJW3kw7.jpg

Edited by Airfixer

The issues befalling 1/32 jets makes one want to scale down to 1/48 for jets... There are some superb renderings in that scale

9/10th's of the public wouldn't know there were issues with ANY of our models jets or not in large or small scale.. we are the minority... I dont agree at all about the 1/32 jets having any more issues than the props..from any manufacturer, they are models..

Some manufacturers are better at representing detail and dimensions than others. Some can't seem to do basic research but even our BEST kits from the Best manufacturers have errors of some sort due to the limitations of the modeling material. For example if you scaled up the thickness of the areas that represent fabric on your WWI airplanes.. it would be what..3-4 inch thick linen?

Regarding 1/48,

If you wanted to be a purist about it, things like landing gear, landing gear doors canopies etc. are way over scale in 1/48 and because they are smaller the eye does not necessarily pick up on it as quickly as something comparatively large like a 1/32 F-4.

It's all subjective, blanket statements about "issues befalling large scale jets" is no more valid than issues with any model of any subject. 

Yes a lot of LSP members enjoy adding a bazillion dollars to every kit they buy in order to chase accuracy.. and that's awesome that we can.. But if you look at a well built Strike Eagle, Phantom, Skyhawk, F-18, F-16 built out of the box in 1/32 you'll see they dont need much to be "superb" models.

Paul 

Guest Clunkmeister

Yes.

One of my unspoken points being the distinct space problem that will crop up if you crank out 1/32 scale modern jets with any form of regularity this side of Harvey's pace.

Yes.

One of my unspoken points being the distinct space problem that will crop up if you crank out 1/32 scale modern jets with any form of regularity this side of Harvey's pace.

I think when Harv finishes one model, the previously finished model is already decomposed enough to be discarded, clearing the way for the newest model.

Guest Clunkmeister

Funny this: I was talking to Harv the other night, and I made point to him that it's a good thing for him they don't make models out of environmentally friendly plastic..... :)

9/10th's of the public wouldn't know there were issues with ANY of our models jets or not in large or small scale.. we are the minority... I dont agree at all about the 1/32 jets having any more issues than the props..from any manufacturer, they are models..

Some manufacturers are better at representing detail and dimensions than others. Some can't seem to do basic research but even our BEST kits from the Best manufacturers have errors of some sort due to the limitations of the modeling material. For example if you scaled up the thickness of the areas that represent fabric on your WWI airplanes.. it would be what..3-4 inch thick linen?

Regarding 1/48,

If you wanted to be a purist about it, things like landing gear, landing gear doors canopies etc. are way over scale in 1/48 and because they are smaller the eye does not necessarily pick up on it as quickly as something comparatively large like a 1/32 F-4.

It's all subjective, blanket statements about "issues befalling large scale jets" is no more valid than issues with any model of any subject. 

Yes a lot of LSP members enjoy adding a bazillion dollars to every kit they buy in order to chase accuracy.. and that's awesome that we can.. But if you look at a well built Strike Eagle, Phantom, Skyhawk, F-18, F-16 built out of the box in 1/32 you'll see they dont need much to be "superb" models.

Paul 

on the contrary the 9/10 majority of the public does not spend money in order to support multi million dollar business .

1/48 scale jets from Trumpeter, especially recent Sukhoi or Chinese jets series are very nice and there is  whole bunch of another companies that follow the same trend= quality first.

I believe we were talking about Russian jets, not jets in general. That is a huge difference, F-16,15,18,14,104,84 etc, have a great renditions in our scale, but Migs, or God forbid Sukhois? No Paul I do not agree, VVS is laging behind. Before , it use to be the issue of available documentations, but now? 

also, the scale disproportions have nothing to do with lousy research or straight out omissions of visible details , like gear bays, exhaust/ jet nozzles, wing profiles, nope I won't buy it.

I am not surprise if LS-modellers are upset, we spend thousands of dollars each, to satisfy our need for perfection. 

Wolf gave a question last week, he said: " Hey martin watch'ya think, how much has Ernie invested in his models ?" I said a lot , probably in thousands .

on the contrary the 9/10 majority of the public does not spend money in order to support multi million dollar business .

1/48 scale jets from Trumpeter, especially recent Sukhoi or Chinese jets series are very nice and there is  whole bunch of another companies that follow the same trend= quality first.

I believe we were talking about Russian jets, not jets in general. That is a huge difference, F-16,15,18,14,104,84 etc, have a great renditions in our scale, but Migs, or God forbid Sukhois? No Paul I do not agree, VVS is laging behind. Before , it use to be the issue of available documentations, but now? 

also, the scale disproportions have nothing to do with lousy research or straight out omissions of visible details , like gear bays, exhaust/ jet nozzles, wing profiles, nope I won't buy it.

I am not surprise if LS-modellers are upset, we spend thousands of dollars each, to satisfy our need for perfection. 

Wolf gave a question last week, he said: " Hey martin watch'ya think, how much has Ernie invested in his models ?" I said a lot , probably in thousands .

"The issues befalling 1/32 jets makes one want to scale down to 1/48 for jets" ...There are some superb renderings in that scale"  Those are his own words..He did NOT say Russian Jets, and I agree the VVS has been very poorly represented in 1/32, the facts I present are true however, all of our kits jets or not have to be over scaled thus slightly to severely inaccurate or they would be so delicate they couldn't be held or hold their own weight in a lot of cases if made of scale thickness plastic ..

I've got my share of bad to horrible representations of aircraft  kits too and it has nothing to do with how many thousands of dollars I spent or spend, my money is just as important as anybody else's and I feel just as aggravated at wasting it as everybody else does too..My response was aimed at reminding us all that even the best kits have flaws jets props trains cars trucks spaceships boats etc. and as a moderator on a 1/32 focused website I addressed a blanket statement about 1/32 jets implicitly having issues, that was the only language my post corrected.

Regards,

Paul 

I see, understood, no drama, I am excited about every new addition to 1/32nd scale and also very jealous of quarters scale guys, whit in the context of Russian subjects. That's all. As I said fingers crossed this Mig is going to find a proud spot on the display, besides F-16, 18, 15 and list goes on :)

Gents,

Even if this kit is not the holy grail of the MiG-29s, it is miles (should I say light-years) from the options that were existing. If you are not convinced, have a look at the builts in the WIP section.

The errors I saw are ridiculous in comparison with the corrections required to have an acceptable Revell kit or to convert the MiG-29M into a A.

They could have made it more accurate from the beginning but this is another story.

In the worst case, I will use one of these new kits to end my stalled MiG!

Thierry