Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A - first Pics

Scotsman

So, Aires or CWS make some closed louvres that need mounting a cm or so further aft. Problem solved.

As for the old argument about it being as easy for a manufacturer to get things right as it is wrong, well, it takes less effort to smile and be positive than to grimace and ***** but we sure get a lot of the latter on modelling sites.

Looks like it'll be a fun kit.

Tony

Are we already going down the road of "nitpickers" vs "just happy to have something better than the old kit"?

My feeling is that is something is wrong and if someone knows, they should point it out and not get beaten up or labeled a complainer. I'm thankful for the information presented and it will factor into whether I personally choose to buy the kit or not. What others do is up to them.

Personally, I don't think the issues are minor, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Dave Williams

Hey Guys, no need to get prematurely excited, but I  agree with Dave. To point at a mistake during the time of euphoria of expectation is risky and I do admire that kind of person. And it is actually important for the manufacturer in order to realized that something is not right. Consequently, this can lead to resolving the problem right at the source, before the product will reach the customer. Fingers crossed.

Personal rant:

( And yes, Trumpeter never, once again never got any 32nd scale  Russian/ Soviet fighter right , never! That is fact, not bashing.

We all know that. Hopefully this time I won't be forced to toss another 100+ of precious Canadian currency to trash can as it happened in case of F4U1, F4U4, P-38 and T-bolt, why , because it hurts.)

And here we go Zoukie Mura F-4 all over again.

People whining about what is cerainly at best a very early test shot but might be anything other than that covering photos with red lines and green lines that clearly point to the incorrect location on who knows what from who knows where.

No missiles, no rails...jeez i wonder why.

A canopy you can barely see through...mmmm i wonder why.

I still remember the bleating and whining so incredible when Tamiya unveiled the Mustang at the Tokyo hobby show in 2011....ewww look at the wings..ewww look at the panel lines ewww ewww ewww what are they doing...

Maybe just maybe wait until the final kit gets released then asses that with similarly angled images with lines going to the correctly locations.

Define "bashing".  Bashing to you is simply pointing out facts to me.  Sorry, but when a manufacturer makes stupid mistakes over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and they are simply pointed out, how its that "bashing"?  

Bashing, Jennings is when you use a derogatory statement about one manufacturer and then for your own satisfaction apply it to another that has nothing to do with this thread. That is why your comment was removed.

Paul

Okay, so if you're not interested in the discussion, DON'T READ IT.  Discussing the accuracy (or lack of same) of a kit is not whining.  It may not matter to you, but it does matter to other people, and your point of view is no more or less valid than theirs.

Honestly, why do we go through this EVERY SINGLE TIME a new kit comes out?  EVERY SINGLE TIME??!!??

"Honestly, why do we go through this EVERY SINGLE TIME a new kit comes out?  EVERY SINGLE TIME??!!??"

And why do you seem to feel its your right or duty to take a civil discussion and turn it into a personal attack on a manufacturer that has nothing to do with this product or this review? 

You cant have it both ways.. keep it civil , stick to facts, stop the name calling or keep your comments off LSP.

Simple really

Paul

Bashing will be in part defined by NOT discussing the relevant points of a kit, and/or throwing other companies names about. I understand that this is a new kit, and I've pointed out many Trumpeter issues myself regarding other kits. Stay on this kit, and discuss this kit. If one is pointing out a flaw, whether real or perceived, back up your claim. This provides both clarity to those that may want to buy one, and validity, that you CAN make a point, and not just offer an opinion.

No issues with anybody pointing out possible problems with a kit nobody's seen in the flesh yet..however LSP DOES have a policy about manufacturer bashing and it WILL be enforced.

Paul

I hope there is a policy about criticizing other's critiques about a kit that is similarly enforced. I'm not talking about manufacturer bashing, but people bashing, which is what sometimes these threads devolve into.

I hope there is a policy about criticizing other's critiques about a kit that is similarly enforced. I'm not talking about manufacturer bashing, but people bashing, which is what sometimes these threads devolve into.

Glad you brought that up Dave, just a refresher from LSP's RULES of the ROAD

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15282&do=findComment&comment=819127

OFFENSIVE POSTS/THREADS

Posts or threads that are offensive include those that are meant to be insulting, threatening, or those which are obviously 'trolls'. These will be deleted by the LSP Staff at our discretion. Examples are: outright personal attacks, flame wars, posts that are 'intended' to incite or upset others, politics, religion and other topics considered not in the interests of our membership by the staff.

Whilst we all enjoy the LSP forums being polite and peaceful we do relish debates on a range of hot topics. We are committed to ensuring all members that are behaving reasonably and politely are able to offer their opinion. We are only ever likely to intervene when replies in those hot debates are no longer intelligent or well thought out and begin to attack an individual or company.

LSP is not the place for the denigration of model kits or the people/companies who made them. We have no issues with members offering a critique of any model kit or product. If members make the effort to ensure their criticism is dispassionate and factual it is far less likely to create complaints. Criticism is a good thing but works best on LSP when it is intended to be constructive and helpful.  We are committed to growing a modeling community enthused and inspired by creative solutions.

If you simply want to complain or you feel you have a duty to warn others then LSP isn't the place. There are lots of websites where you can post whatever or however you like.  Please be our guest and do it on those sites but not on LSP.

Paul

Guest Airfixer

<deepbreath>

Ommmmm....

</deepbreath>

Darren is right. We cannot conclusively say whether the kit on display at Nuremberg is final. Which stage of the kit's development is it factually representing? In view of Trumpeter's projected release schedule, it's extremely unlikely that displaying the model at the Nuremberg show was also intended to retrieve constructive feedback from the community in order to have it implemented into the final kit. Admittedly, and speaking of aircraft kits, such a procedure would be sort of atypical for Trumpeter. Quite interestingly, when it comes to AFV modelling, they're taking a completely different approach.

On the other hand, I can perfectly understand some fellow modellers` frustration. Sheer frustration. Particularly in the light of Trumpeter's inconsistent "track record"...RA-5, A-7, MiG-19, MiG-23, F-100 et al. But in the end, it's the same old story: It's not about what you say, but how you say it. And the way that "sentiment of discomfort" was brought forward in this thread was neither constructive nor helpful. Even if they've screwed up just another forward fuselage, as annoying as it may be, stick to the facts, address them in an appropriate way, and, most ideally, use your expertise to figure out potential fixes for yourself and fellow modellers.

Awareness of potential issues has been raised, which is great. However, without the final kit being released, pretty much any attempt to tweak it up front will be moot.

Edited by Airfixer

Guest Clunkmeister

Well, I like Russian jets. I like the MiG-29. Will it be right? No. It turns out a Russian jets seem to be a tough nut to crack for kit makers.

From what I heard, we FINALLY got a decent MiG-25,.... In 1/48 scale. :(

VVS stuff turns me on. I like it. I build it. I might build this I might not.

If the louver arrangement is off so that it bugs me, I'll fix it. It looks like an easy fix, if so, besides, they gotta be closed anyway.

If nothing else, It'll keep Chris busy.