Dont you just love getting a parcel in the mail? (HpH L-39)

ericg

Got this parcel from the postman today:

IMAG1003.jpg

In it was this:

IMAG1004.jpg

All I can say is.... WOW! I am very impressed with the contents of the box and cant wait to start on this model. I have taken a pic of everything that is contained within the very well presented box. As Jozef that said `fairytale in resin (and some other media).' . Well to put an Aussie slant to it, Its a farkin Beauty! I haven't gone overboard with the photo quality, just so as not to spoil anything for anyone waiting for the kit. Even though this kit is expensive, almost $200 AUD, I think that it is extremely good value, as all of the usual `aftermarket' items such as photo etch, exhausts, intakes etc etc are included.

IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1007.jpg

And the bits and pieces in detail:

Photo etch, seatbelts and masks

IMAG1008.jpg

Wings:

IMAG1015.jpg

Fuselage:

IMAG1018.jpg

Bag 1:

IMAG1010.jpg

Bag 2:

IMAG1014.jpg

Transparencies:

IMAG1017.jpg

Edited by ericg

Bag 3:

IMAG1013.jpg

Wing spar and cockpit tub:

IMAG1019.jpg

Nose Weight and Chocolate, Yes chocolate!

IMAG1012.jpg

Decals including my favourite: Stencil data:

IMAG1020.jpg

A comprehensive suite of Instructions, Colour swatches and parts list:

IMAG1022.jpg

Finally, and example of the excellent instructions as supplied with the kit. This also gives some idea as to the detail that HPH have afforded to the kit.

IMAG1023.jpg

Edited by ericg

If my Walrus is up to this same level of craftsmanship im gonna be a happy boy!

And there's no reason to expect it wouldn't be Brian. HpH certainly do great stuff. It really is amazing what companies like Fisher, HpH and Silver Wings (among others) can do with resin.

Kev

And there's no reason to expect it wouldn't be Brian. HpH certainly do great stuff. It really is amazing what companies like Fisher, HpH and Silver Wings (among others) can do with resin.

Kev

Agreed

I really do not think you should doubt that. They really do a great job.

Eric, I am with you concerning the stencils. I enjoy the new technologies in decals production mostly because of the stencils that are now more or less standard. The stencils sort of "dress up" the model.

And yes, the price is surely a factor to be considered but if you want this particular model than you surely get a fair value for what you pay.

Jozef

Kev

Agreed

I really do not think you should doubt that. They really do a great job.

Eric, I am with you concerning the stencils. I enjoy the new technologies in decals production mostly because of the stencils that are now more or less standard. The stencils sort of "dress up" the model.

And yes, the price is surely a factor to be considered but if you want this particular model than you surely get a fair value for what you pay.

Jozef

Yep, I really didnt have any doubts after seeing the Walrus in progress pics. Its just a different thing to see the model in an individual/independent modelers hands.

I agree, that HpH seems to really have a great handle on the high quality end of resin kits. Although Im not a huge jet guy, the L-39 does have a lot of appeal and there are some very colorful schemes out there for it, that are really right down my ally.

I need to save my money for some other definitive builds I want, and an HpH Walrus is assuredly on that list.

I reckon the best part about the whole experience was eating the nice chocolate whilst perusing the instructions. A very nice touch by the manufacturer. It really has a high end feel to it.

Funny, I initially thought Andy was joking about the kit coming with Belgian chocolate until I saw your pics! :lol:

I hope Im able to eat some fine Belgian chocolate whilst paroosing my Walrus kit at some point...................

Chocolate? That's a new one.

Looks like a nice kit. I have a Silver Wings CR-32. When I finally get the gumption to try it, it'll be my first resin kit. I admit I have some trepidation about gluing things together wrong...

Tim W.

Chocolate? That's a new one.

Looks like a nice kit. I have a Silver Wings CR-32. When I finally get the gumption to try it, it'll be my first resin kit. I admit I have some trepidation about gluing things together wrong...

Tim W.

Honestly Tim, I had the same feeling my first resin kit. IMHO, its really not that far from an inj kit, the only diff to me, was things sometimes needed an extra trim or shave here or there.........and there were no alignment pegs, but things are very similar. The only thing I can say for sure, is I recommend something to remove any possible mold release agents used in the resin casting process............or you just may have an issue gluing things together, just instead, an issue with things not sticking together, instead of not fitting together.

Some just use hot water and soap...............and im sure it works to a point, but some manufacturers seem to have more resilient mold release agents than others........so I personally recommend a product that was recommended to me from some very high end resin casting people who cast resin special effect props for movies..........as well as being used by quite a few modelers I know:

Westley's Bleche Wite (and yes its spelled like that )

0511st_43_z+sport_truck_car_care+westleys_bleche_white.jpg

Its a fairly costic product to the eyes and nostrils (just be careful) as its used to whiten white wall tires/tyres and the like, but if you give your resin parts a soak in it over-night it works wonders to remove any trace of release agents,grime, and any general shmotz that may prevent paint, primer or CA from sticking.

I have a Silver Wings CR-32. When I finally get the gumption to try it, it'll be my first resin kit. I admit I have some trepidation about gluing things together wrong...

I've yet to build a full resin kit too, but there's no way my first is going to be a biplane! And there's no way my first LSP biplane is going to be a resin kit!

Kev