1_32 Yak 18 Max Trumpeter

LSP_Matt

I found this piccie and was inspired.

0704795.jpg

Funny thing is something like this has already been done before by Tigger. Unlike John who has some skill I'll muddle through and experiment to try and replicate the effects. Its a bit of bucket chemistry and I often have no idea how its going to turn out. For me though I learn this way and have a bit of fun...having to slam it together and 'get it done' is also making me not obsess over a result I'm not entirely happy with. I'm still tempted to cut the wings off but I'll stick to the rules...once its finished I suppose I could always go back and finish it right off.

Engine...nice to put together...have to be careful of the pipes to ensure they will still slip through the cowl. My attempt at producing one of those dirty, grimy engines you see in museum aircraft that often live outside and get no luvin.

IMG_3611.jpgIMG_3609.jpgIMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

Cockpit sidewalls...

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

The area here has been covered by sheet styrene. It will obscure the Trumpeter logo on the inside of the plastic. It will make it possible to see something if one was to look down the side of the cockpit

IMG_3640.jpg

This would be one of those phrases you just don't really hear properly from inside your own head:

Nice Yak!

Yep. Doesn't look right spelled out, either. :D

I really love the hammered look you've achieved!

• 2 weeks later...