Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Wisconsin ANG

Daywalker

Yes, one more finished before the end of the year! This is Tamiya's 1/48 F-16, built as a Block 30 A/C and painted as the flagship of the Wisconsin ANG, 87-0278 of the 115 TFW/176 FS. This is the aircraft currently painted with the blue tail to mark the Guard's 60th anniversary. After building and painting it in it's originally intended markings of 87-0234 (which had the red tail 10 years ago to commemorate the 50th anniversary) I decided I wasn't happy with the finish. So, I stripped the model completely and started over. Since i had already used the 234 markings, I opted this time for 278. Painted with Tamiya paints, and Two Bobs "Dairyland Vipers" markings used. Built mostly OOB with brake lines, static dischargers added. Overall, a great kit except for the mounting of the rear stabs. VERY weak attachment points which tend to break if you look at them wrong. I broke both of mine off early in the build, and replaced them with music wire. MUCH better! Thanks for looking, comments and constructive criticism welcomed!

001-2-1.jpg

003-7.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Looks real nice to me. Jeroen and I just chatted about doing aircraft indigenous to our home area. Pretty common idea I suppose, but still very cool. You kept it subtle, and that's the way I generally prefer it. Good job.

You want to be my "cheese connection"?

:)

Kevin- Thanks mate, I appreciate the feedback! Seeing these aircraft flying over my house kept me inspired to work on the kit. Not sure what you mean by cheese connection? :hmmm:

Harv- Thanks for looking in! Haven't done too much on this one's big brother lately, I spent a lot of time just enjoying the small success of getting the decals all on! I plan to get back to work on it very soon though, promise! Thanks for the well wishes, hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas as well!