Rules of the Road

I just remembered that I have an old Matchbox Lysander kit in the stash, and now I have an excuse to build it. :)

Just need to sort my domain so I can upload pics.

HÃ¥kan

It's a nice kit for it's age.

But there are some fit problems with the cockpit and clear parts.Take your time.

Quick question if I may, mainly because my own research has failed to uncover it so far, and I haven't yet purchased Wings of the Luftwaffe although it's on my wishlist.

Anyway, can anyone say whether the Bf 109s flown by Capt Brown included a G-10?  If so, I'm in with one of those.  If not, I'll have to think again.

TIA,

Edited by MikeC

No worries Brad, I have another couple of ideas up my sleeve. Thanks for looking.

OK, I've been thinking about those other ideas.  I've spotted the BAe Hawk in the list, and I hope we can assume that this is the T1 or 1a, the "regular" Hawk used by the RAF and FAA.  So my entry is a Hawk T1, using the Revell kit, but with a twist.  As well as a tribute to "Winkle", I'll be paying my respects to his profession by finishing it in the markings of the Empire Test Pilots School.  There is another reason for that particular choice, I also think "Raspberry Ripple" is one of the coolest schemes ever to grace the Hawk.  The kit's in the stash, I've just ordered the decals from Hannants, so I'll be opening a thread up in due course.

Thanks Brad. I've just dug the kit out of storage, and it's the Red Arrows boxing, so the red plastic will add another dimension. Turn down the brightness on those screens until I get some primer on it!

Ok, next post will be in a new and relevant thread, promise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Distracted by a couple of quarter-scale Lavochkins, but starting to feel the urge to get the Hawk going again.  Touble is I - oh look, butterfly! - do have a tendency to get side-tracked.  :whistle: