Death Rattlers F4 Phantom

Vynce804

Very nice finish Matt. I agree with other members that you nailed the weathering on the radome. I am also impressed by the grime on the aft area of the wingtanks and the soiling of the underside, particularly under the engines. Great job.

It's a pleasure to see someone who thinks about how real aircraft weather.

One item that does leap out a bit though is the ordnance. All of the bombs are exactly the same shade of green and uniformly painted. I may (probably am) wrong but I thought that these iron bombs were quite old and often stored outside so got pretty beaten up? Meant as more of an observation than criticism as I like your model very much.

The crew look extremely natural and do indeed add life to the finished article. Since that it a first for you, great work.

Cheers

Hi Geedubelyer,

Unfortunately the uniform bombs are mainly a function of my poor photography! Each one is different and post shaded and weathered with pigments to varying degrees. I have added another photo which I hope shows it a little more clearly. Even still I completely agree that they should be more weathered and next time I would post shade them more to give them a more bleached look.

Thank you for your kind comments on my weathering. You are right it is important to notice how the real thing weathers and to get some great reference material to work from. For me it's not about (or desirable) capturing every , chip drip or greasy handprint but rather the overall feel of a subject.

Cheers

Matt

FBDE5A36-4DF8-43D8-BDAA-52F57506500F_zps

Hi Matt,

Now that makes more sense. TBH it did seem odd that someone who took such meticulous care over getting the airframe weathering to perfection should skimp on the ordnance. Now that you've posted the close up I can see that you've applied exactly the same skill and thought to the munitions. Once again, great job. :thumbsup: :goodjob:

Cheers.