WNW HB W12 '1407' Floating down the river of happiness!

karimb

Karim,

So much to say and soak in!  The rope and dolley and trestles...  Just awesome!  The wheels have a great metal effect, and the rope...well dang-it, it looks like rope!  I love that the trestles don't look factory made!  The colors and construction just say "made on site". 

The aircraft looks more awesome every time I look at it.  The grime and wear look like they belong there.

I'm intrigued by the radiator filler cap extension.  I've been trying to think of a reason for it.

Keep up the motivating work!

Gaz

Nice progress Karim!

Regarding the hex camo on the ply areas - I have put forward the explanation that these could have been painted, as was early practice, or hex printed linen doped on which would have created a different, darker appearance which explains the look in some period photos on horizontal stabiliser and turtledeck. Wingnuts chose to explain this as two different printed colour ways which is "interesting" but makes no real sense.

Only one directive gave the instructions for painted hex colours (grey blue, grey brown and grey lilac) and no such instructions have ever come to light regarding the printing dye mixes, which we can only assume to have followed the guidelines. My decals, both "linen" and "painted" effect reflect this Idflieg instructions.

To revert you linen look decals in these areas to "painted" I'll happily send you a section of the painted effect decals (i.e. no fabric effect) - or follow the doped on linen theory and merely darken the varnish over the areas to simulate linen doped onto a solid surface. Let me know - aviatticsales@gmail.com

best wishes, Richard

Guest Peterpools

Karim My Friend

An Artist with a magical touch. I am constantly amazed at your abilities and magical touch in bring mere plastic to life. If I was just looking at photographs, with no explanation, I would swear I'm looking at the real McCoy.

Keep 'em comin

Peter