1/32 Polish F-16D Block 52+ (from Academy Sufa)

DoogsATX

Nice work Matt! I'd try doing the paint types the other way around next time though - acrylic over enamel. The acrylic paint will be much easier to remove, affording you more control for less work.

Kev

Good idea, Kev! I was thinking in terms of armor weathering (enamels and oils over acrylic), but I'll give that route a try with the Tamiya F-16 when I kick it off.

Very little to add over the past couple of days. Since Monday I've been felled by whatever bug is going around. Thankfully I just got the vaguely nauseous + headache + terrible achiness variety, not the vomit-til-you-dry-heave kind. But it's kept me from the bench all the same. I was supposed to go back out tonight, but laying down in front of the fire for a few minutes turned into a few hours...

Still, I was able to test-fit the Aires gear bay that came on Tuesday. And...SHOCK! It fits perfectly. Better than the kit gearbay, even. This is not something I'm at all used to, particularly with Aires. So, nice surprise!

IMG_20131114_004349_zpsfd54fa7b.jpg

Hopefully more real updates will start up again tomorrow.

I need to find another kit to parallel track...this thing is like a curse to my bench time. Out sick for several days last week, then skipped the bench on Saturday night because of this weird freak ear pain (allergies). As such, it feels like progress is absolutely creeping. Finally managed to shake some cobwebs off last night. Got the gear bays painted up as well as the intakes (dealing with the seams is going to be a nightmare).

IMG_20131118_011406_zps2db5b965.jpg

The cockpit is also coming along. Biggest things that remain now are the seats. I need to finish the buckles, add the O2 tanks, paint the wiring detail on the side, deal with the various ejection handles...not at all happy with the ones on the seat sides so I'm part tempted to remove and scratch my own.

IMG_20131118_011159_zps3bad9d0c.jpg

IMG_20131118_011542_zps055bdafc.jpg

I also need to figure out how to make the seat cushions absolutely dead flat. Probably going to break out the Alclad Clear Flat...hate how it sucks at curing, but nothing goes flatter that I've ever tried.

Blah blah blah...more on the way.

Your cockpit is great ! That's happy you have swap your eduard PE cockpit for this marvelous wolpack 8th wonder.

Nice sheepskin effect on the seat cushion. How did you do that? For mine, i have used some resin dust glued with thinned white glue, but the best sheepskin effect i have ever seen is this one :

http://zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=8343

Keep it coming !

Yes, i've just checked in my own wolfpack set, and indeed they are already "shipskinned".

On the other hand i find the ejection handles looking good. Seems compliant with the real stuff for me.

Do not forget to put the recorder box on the left side of the pilot's seat, just above the oxygen bottle !

Update - the cockpit is done. Or as done as it's going to be until the final stages. The IPs and their housings have been left loose and will be removed until later, but the pit tub and seats are fixed in place.

Overall, this one has been a challenge for me. I'm far more accustomed to WWII offices, and dealing with the modern - particularly the bangseats - took some massive adjustment. I still think there's room for improvement, but that's why I've got four other moderns in the stash (Tamiya F-16CJ and F-15C, Academy F/A-18A+ and F/A-18D).

file_zps1ba37605.jpg

file_zpsc33922d0.jpg

IMG_20131120_084939_zps12a27ae6.jpg

IMG_20131120_084408_zps168b7464.jpg

IMG_20131120_084831_zps1cd363f8.jpg

IMG_20131120_084730_zps2f408c5a.jpg

Thanks for looking...next it's on to the battle of the intake.