AIMS JU 88 G-6 1/32 conversion

Pastor John

Coming Soon 1/32 Ju 88 G-6 conversion

By the beginning of February I should have available an exciting new conversion set for the Revell 1/32 Ju 88. The set will enable you to make one of the various Ju 88 G-6 configurations with enough decals to do a second kit if you want a second conversion set cheaper minus the decals. I hope you enjoy looking at the giffs of the decal sheet currently being printed by Fantasy Printshop and the photo etch being presently done by PPD. The decal sheet is A4 size put will be cut in two for packaging, whilst the photo etch is A5 size. So what else is included?

Vacuformed

Fighter canopy with armoured windscreen

Mid-spine section for clear EZ-6 cover

Belly from nose to end of gun bay

Morgenstern cap

Brass

SN2 220 dipoles x5 (4x for front and 1x for rear)

Resin

Vertical stabilizer

Rudder

Extensions to horizontal stabilizers and elevators

Wing tips

Revised ailerons with proud trim tabs

Jumo 213 engines with spinners, VS 11 props and flame dampers

Under wing vents

Extended forward cowls

Standard nose

Berlin (long)

Morgenstern (covered plywood area)

MG 131 rear defence

MG 131 ammo bin

Fabric effect cartridge chute

Covered ammo belt feed

SN2 antlers

DF loop base

Upward firing cannon fabric boot

EZ-6 housing

Scratch building needed

Some panel lines will need scribed

Gear doors will need revised

Boxes to back of interior radar equipment will need fabricated for photo-etched faces.

All this comes with a price tag sadly and for those of you who understand the economics of getting this sort of set together will appreciate it when I say pre paid orders will be most welcome at this moment in time? Happy Christmas

John (AIMS)

post-6828-1260952887.gif

post-6828-1260952903.gif

Coming Soon 1/32 Ju 88 G-6 conversion

By the beginning of February I should have available an exciting new conversion set for the Revell 1/32 Ju 88. The set will enable you to make one of the various Ju 88 G-6 configurations with enough decals to do a second kit if you want a second conversion set cheaper minus the decals. I hope you enjoy looking at the giffs of the decal sheet currently being printed by Fantasy Printshop and the photo etch being presently done by PPD. The decal sheet is A4 size put will be cut in two for packaging, whilst the photo etch is A5 size. So what else is included?

Looks really good. What is the price likely to be?. If I have money in my Paypal account and I can afford it I will try to buy at least one. Two would be nice but not sure how far the budget will stretch,

Greg

Sounds good. Even the price should be ok for that amount of stuff, espcially the large pieces of resin.

Only the etched dipoles are not that sound idea. Round parts should made round, not flat, or left off - just to qoute a common comment from PE reviews. And there are magnificent milled brass dipoles available from Schatton. But that was it for the negative comments. Well, I skipped the idea of building a Ju-88 for shelf place reasons, but for a nightfigther I would re-think that decision. Out, out, you crappy single-seaters! Hail to the multiseated King! :popcorn: I have to check my references - maybe it is possible to make a G-10 stretch-limo too, or a Mistel? Hmm, have to have look at the engine and cockpit layouts.

At the other hand is 35 GPB (plus s&h) something to be considered. So would it be possible to have a look at the engines instead of having blind orders? To correct a wing or a cockpit interior is within the range of most modellers (and we know that your large-scale interior was very fine), but shape and look of the engines is crucial for the overall impression of the plane.

With kind regards - dutik

I would not use the etched dipoles myself but had to provide something - getting proper dipoles as well in the kit would just escalate the price beyond reason so that will have to be the modellers concern. At least with the etch we all have the measurements at hand to make our own if need be. I hope the price is not too low rather than too high from my costs point of view but that is my proplem. Engines are only half done - waiting on photo etched grillto finish prototype work - can post pics of all items as and when they have the final touches. Apart from finishing hte engine face I just need to finish sanding the new spinner shape and get the flame dampers ready. Come the end of Jan I expect the decals, vacforms and brass all to arrive and then I have bills, bills, bills! Why do I bother? I know I love this aircraft!

John

Looks very good John, it was well worth waiting for :P . I was too lazy to do all that work myself. Will you also do the armoured seat for the pilot?

Cheers,

Hans

Why not think big?

You have the Jumo-213 nacelles and the canopy with the single armored rear gun position. If you make a plug for the left-off ventral gondola and a vacu nose shaped a la the solid nose from the C - voila, a Ju-88 S3/T-3. iirc you have one in your 72nd scale range, so you should have the references for the parts as well as the decals. A plug for the fuselage extension - G-10. Guess there are some other minor variations possible to offer a wider range of conversions. Hey, YOU are the expert :rofl: At the moment you are the only one offering a Jumo-213 conversion (lArsenal makes the Jumo 211 for the A-4). Just make a good use of your advantage :P

Regards - dutik

Good thinking Dutik!

If John adds BMW engines to his range and an throws in an A-4 vertical tail as well you can make the R-1, R-2, G-1 and all sorts of Mistels. He has then almost completely cornered the market :P

Regards,

Hans

Hi Greg,

We are looking at £35.00 but if you want a 2nd set without decals and without the Berlin and Morgenstern then the 2nd set will be £25.00

Need the money before invoices start rolling in!

John

Great John, prices sound very reasonable for what is offered. Please let me know when you are wanting some payments,

Thanks, Greg

It'd be nice, and would no doubt help sales, to see the profiles of the aircraft featured, cheers!

yes this is great news for all ju88 lovers, but from a marketing perspective it's difficult to get things goiing without pictures

what an impatient bunch we are!!!!

Nick