Roden 1/32 Albatross D.III questions

Gazzas

Guest Clunkmeister

The Aviattic pilot with 5 heads...  Some of those heads look unnecessarily S&M-ish.  Thankfully two of them look acceptable.

Cheers,

Gaz

Those S&M masks are WW1 German cold weather masks. Very legit, but scary looking.

Well, real or not, I'm not gonna be using it.  I was thinking that the flight helmet was more of a bomber/gunner item till I found this:

5f491a0e9c64786d45a9d67da045b00f----cock

The future Reichmarschall wearing one....   in an Albatross D.III no less.

Hey, I have another question.  The windshield as supplied by Roden is a flexible cellophane type stuff.  What glue should I use for that?

Thanks.

Gaz

Thanks guys. No idea where it's get watch crystal cement. But I'm always looking for better ways to improve my clear parts.

Right now I'm imagining trying to hold a spring-loaded loaded piece of cello in place while waiting for the glue to dry.

CA and I have a strange relationship. Sometimes it works great, and at other times it's as capricious as a recalcitrant thirteen year old.

Edited by Gazzas

Thank you for the Uhu recommendation. I've never heard of, not seen a bottle with that label.

One of the joys of communicating with people from the other side of the world is wondering about, and trying to find recommended products that may or might not be in your corner of the globe, or sold under a different name. Or, in many Australian cases, the cost is ten times what it costs elsewhere.

I'm at work using my phone, and I hate searching for things on its diminutive screen. I'll have a look-see when I get home.

Cheers,

Gaz

Well you may indeed use any glue that is compatible with the material: epoxy glue, contact glue, improved white glue, acrylic glue or whatever one rather than CA but do not forget two main features: the stuff is very thin and flimsy. So you need a glue that has no thickness and gives instant grip. As far as I know CA stays the best option for that.

It doesn't need to be 'instant grip', and UHU has the advantage that it is easily removable, doesn't fog the transparency and has a reasonable amount of elasticity.

This is one of those 'it works for me' arguments where there is no single solution. UHU works for me, I'm offering it as an alternative. If CA works for you, great! Use CA

Richard