Pacific Coast Models Fiat G 55 *Completed*

BradG

• 2 weeks later...

Right, well I've managed some progress despite nearly turning into an ice block this week. I glued on any smaller parts that were left to put on and sprayed some blue on the under surfaces.  I really have no idea what colour they used, but RLM 78 seemed good enough. I've also masked up the canopy and put some interior colour on that as you can see.

ItQU4i4.jpg

Indeed looks very good. I picked this kit up at the Nationals in July, and think its a pretty neat kit! If it fits as good as it looks in some of those schemes, itll be fun 

The fit is fairly good, much better than PCM's earlier offerings.

Some camouflage. Over the past couple of days I've been painting this. I've probably got the sand a little too light, but oh well. I've looked at the black and white pictures a lot but I'm still not sure what colour they were, so sand and olive green it is. Hell, I'm just happy I've gotten this one off the shelf of doom!

The paint still looks a little patchy, but that will even out under gloss and matt coats. I just need to find 24 little red stars for the Syrian insignia. I will mask and paint the rest of the markings.

L8d4WoD.jpg

RT5ZLlU.jpg

I've had to slow myself down a bit here as I tend to like painting and weathering and thus, I'm sometimes inclined to rush into each step before the paint is dry. So here I've used my compass cutter to start on the insignia. Everything is cut and ready to go, next colour is white, then black. I also need to work on the under carriage, fix the prop and spinner, do the gunsight, mow the law, cut the bushes back, cut down two trees and weed the damn garden.....etc etc. Oh I think I've found enough red stars too for the markings too, pieced together from various sheets of decals with red stars as kill markings.

cwMgHBR.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

Loving this!  I'm chomping at the bit to try an Italian bird, just because I really want to try my hand at Italian schemes. Splotches, squiggles, smoke rings, all of it is so darn cool.