Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

I had no idea Trumpeter pretty much scaled up the AM kit. I'm plugging away and already re-did the lap belts.

Peter

Very nice!

Bone stock, OOB is my favorite category at the model shows. I try to do one a year. They're a good way to try new techniques without that "scare" of wasting money - they're equally as good for getting that mojo back!

Keep on truckin' Peter!

Justin

Guest Peterpools

Justin

Thanks so much and so far my SBD is proving exactly that:

A fun build focusing on building and getting back to old school principals: build and enjoy what's in the box

Peter

Very interesting to build with the constraints that you have described.  Probably too late now but I guess you could have drilled out the dials from the clear IP to avoid the thick plastic obscuring the instrument faces.  How does the pilot access/see the dials under that metal tray?

Guest Peterpools

holzemjo

Much appreciated and I never thought building a Box Stock model would be so frustrating at times. But I'm sticking to my plan and moving along at a nioce pace just the same

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brother Bear

At times I have to keep reminding myself not to do any cutting or even any small alterations, as that world surely be an infringement and wouldn't be a good day at the contest

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Moving steadily ahead now and with the cockpit floor done, I'm starting to cut plastic for the gunner's area. One super plus for a Box Stock Build, sticking to the instructions, so far there hasn't been much to bog me done and it's nice to keep making consistent progress.

Peter