Ki-84 22nd Sentai FINISHED

Guest TimC

• 2 weeks later...

Great job Tim ;) . I didn't think your first chipped paint job was all that bad at all really. :D . I love the work in the pit....phwoar ;) ...very nice mate.

Overall great finish...and some cool Jap aircraft building tips in there as well.

Cheers Matty

Tim,

That is one AWESOME Ki-84 Otsu. Your method of chipping was very interesting. I am contemplating on Hase Ki-84 Kou or Otsu for myself too and I am looking for kind of rare and unique markings for mine. Have Kagero book, searched Wing's Palette, j-aircraft, Japanese internet sources and checked many decal options. Though most Ki-84 schemes and markings overlap in many books and decals.

Here is a very interesting Japanese site which will be helpful to anyone looking for marking options for his Ki-84.

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cdh88520/pf_type_four.html

Does anyone know any particular Ki-84 sheme/marking which is not widely published yet unique and attractive. Will thank you for any input !!!

Jay K.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canuck63

Does anyone know any particular Ki-84 sheme/marking which is not widely published yet unique and attractive. Will thank you for any input !!!

Jay K.

The Montex range of masks has a few very interesting liveries,and quite a few of them are "Special Attack" birds!

HTH

Manu

Okay, Manu. I know all Montex Ki-84 masks. AFAIK, only latest Ki-84 super mask(K32100) has two rare marking options. All other Montext Ki-84 masks have well-known markings readily available from decal makers and in many reference books. Special Attack versions are most popular examples. Nothing much special or different about their range of Ki-84 masks. No doubt their masks are good in quality.

I am just interested in esoteric, untra-rare Ki-84 markings. Thanks for the comment.

Jay

Tim

Nice work on the finish mate.

I missed the PTO build with work committments, but you've certainly reinvigorated my urge for a crack at a late war Japanese chipped finish.

Great Hayate.

Ian