1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

A little more progress.

First the wingtanks. I first tried to build them from scratch but it looked like too much work.

So I decide to use some spare tanks. I cut them up and will be adding some strip plastic to thicken them up. Don't know if this is easier or faster but...

Ok ...landing gear. This is my thrid go around with these things. Suffice to say they have been a pain. Here is a picture showing the wire JB welded to the wing.

And the main wheels. I went through my spares box and nothing seemed to be right. So I took some that were close and added a piece of 60 thou card to make it thicker and will need to make them larger in diameter as well. Looks messy but it should work.

DSCN3334_zpsyvf7yioe.jpg

DSCN3336_zpsjosh2fzt.jpg

Later, Dan

What is the diameter and width of the wheels?

Edited by Harold

Thanks Harold. I had seen the 20 second bw clip a while back. But search as I might it was the only clip I could find of the real deal. The video game was fun to watch. How to become an ace on your first mission.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

• 2 weeks later...

OK a little progress, and I do mean little. Lots of work on the overall finish. Putty, sand, prime.......over and over. But it is slowly getting better.

20170423_170344_zpseng0bgyk.jpg

You can see the rudder here. Just a basic shape right now.

20170423_170357_zpsnvh3xwfb.jpg

And I thought that I might try starting the scribing process with a few rivets thrown in for good measure.

20170423_173924_zpsp3kw44za.jpg

I still need to work on the spent shell ejection ports under the fuselage and I will need to build a vacuform box so that I can make a canopy. This is the real sticking point right now.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Hey....

Not much progress in the last week, However......

Harold from AMS resin contacted me and volunteered to make some custom wheels for me. I said ....Great!

So I sent him the measurements and yesterday my custom made wheels arrived.

20170430_082431_zpsci1tivac.jpg

They turned out great. So much better than my homemade mess that I was working on. They even say "Goodyear" on the side.

Thank you Harold!!!

Dan